Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Employee and Labour Relations
Pratica Di Mare, Italy
Requisition ID: 1905719809W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
What you’re great at
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Employee and Labour Relations to join our team based in Italy. The Employee & Labor Relations (ER/LR) Sr Manager has overall responsibility to lead delivery of Employee Relations and Labor Relations Services.
Using your excellent communication skills, you will be responsible for the effective management of Employee Relations matters (grievances, discipline) measured by resolution of service requests within defined time periods, levels of accuracy and quality standards and customer satisfaction levels.
You will provide Labor Relations expert consulting services to BU HR and Businesses (CBA administration and negotiation, LR procedures), providing overall Labor Relations support throughout the collective bargaining process and be responsible for any stakeholder management and communications that might be needed in the ER/LR space.
When joining you will drive proactive initiatives to increase ER/LR awareness with Managers & Employees and will support any ad hoc workforce events (M&A, Divestitures, etc.) requiring ER or LR involvement.
As part of the role you will be responsible for leading a team that provides services in a timely manner, treats the workforce respectfully and maintains high levels of confidentiality, trust and integrity in the handling of sensitive matters.
• Manage country operational activities to achieve target key performance indicators, operational level agreements and service levels by executing resource planning to ensure availability of staff and support.
• Manage the operational plans to increase the effectiveness of services while improving the customer experience
o Employee Relations – Ensure timely and compliant handling of all Grievance and Discipline Requests. Coach & train managers and employees.• Notify relevant COE, Global Policies team on regulatory changes
o Labor Relations: input and guidance on Labor Relations Strategy, information & consultation with Employee Rep Bodies, CBA within agreed parameters with BUHR, business impact assessment, ad hoc Labor Relations consulting including for major workforce events (M&A, Divestitures, Restructuring…). They will be responsible for any stakeholder management and communications that might be needed in the ER/LR space.
o Benefits and Leaves – Answer complex local questions; assist with enrollment. Directs the operation of local work related to benefits and compensation, partnering with the Regional Total Rewards Lead to ensure that standard processes are followed
o Performance Management – Coach managers on managing performance issues
o Other HR Admin – Ensure timely and accurate handling of local administration work such as compliance administration and workforce data management
• Ensure workplace policies are current and in compliance with applicable local laws
• Support management of Grievance and Discipline requests requiring higher level knowledge and authority and/or interaction with 3rd Parties
• Build an external professional network to maintain an appropriate view of the workplace and marketplace
• Conduct environmental scans and participate in significant workplace events (such as the planning and execution of RIF’s, M&A’s, etc.) at the cluster/country level
• Provide professional guidance to teams within the Country.
• Effectively integrate new support requirements into the Country as they are introduced by HR special projects and initiatives
• Maintain transparent communication channel with Regional HR Services leaders by summarizing and reporting on operational updates and issues to Regional Employee Relations and & Site Management Lead for support, staff planning and development.
• Work closely with internal and external colleagues within the country.
• Monitor team members’ workload and performance, ensuring proper assignment of cases and workload balancing to deliver targeted Service Levels.
• Lead and contribute to scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve performance and promote continuous learning
• Drives direct interventions with Managers and employees on most sensitive cases and or escalations
• Understand the Key Performance Indicators and operational metrics that are critical to managing service delivery in order to achieve Service Level Agreements and meet customer service standards
• Manage and monitor operational data and reports daily; constantly communicating performance with team and actively working to identify and implement interventions to maintain service standards.
• Utilize operational practices and reports, including quality audits, standard and ad hoc reports in order to identify issues and take actions to achieve performance goals and targets.
• Implement continuous improvement opportunities to enhance provision of services by reviewing and providing feedback on operational processes, policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions and introduce key improvement plans for execution.
• Manage and motivate team members to achieve and exceed service standards by identifying staff performance gaps, allocating time to listen, monitor and provide constructive feedback for performance improvement.
• Establish a set of values to promote achievement and continuous improvement in alignment with the overall Global Services organization.
• Embrace and leads a culture of inclusiveness and multi-cultural engagement through coaching and feedback to peers and the broader community in Global Services, HR in alignment with the Company's Leadership Imperatives.
• Develop a strong pipeline of global, diverse leaders within Global Services, HR and across the broader HR community. Enable a Credo-based & High-Performance Culture within team.
• Provide leadership, direction, coaching, feedback, and, where appropriate, discipline to and through subordinate team members.
• 8+ years of HR experience with a concentration in Employee Relations, Labor Relations, and HR Generalist (in a multinational firm will be a plus)
• Knowledge of Employment and Labor Relations practices
• University Degree (in Law will be a plus)
• Experience in working with Employee Representative Bodies (e.g. Workers Council or Union) on information and consultation, negotiating collective agreements and dismissals.
• People management experience will be a plus
• Fluent in English, Italian native speaker
• High level of integrity and ethical conduct.
Italy-Lazio-Pratica Di Mare-
Johnson & Johnson Medical S.p.A. (7257)