Johnson & Johnson Careers
Operations Support Specialist Production Planner
Requisition ID: 1905718423W
Role: Operations Support Specialist - Production Scheduler
Location: Ringaskiddy Cork, Ireland
Reports to: Business Unit Manager
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC established its operation in Ringaskiddy in 2005 on a 100 acre site with an investment of €500 million. For more than 25 years we have been a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis.
The facility in Ringaskiddy is operational producing biomedicines for both the treatment of immune related diseases and new and innovative cancer treatments.
In 2017, Janssen Sciences Ireland UC announced that it is to invest more than €300 million in the expansion of its manufacturing plant that will create more than 200 new jobs.
The Operations Production Scheduler is responsible for the direction & oversight of biotech production planning, execution and control. The operations production scheduler is responsible for translating the master production schedule, project plans and maintenance requirements into detailed day to day schedules. The operations production scheduler also performs some scenario modeling and enables production schedule business decisions. This role anticipates strong cross functional collaborations to ensure conformance to the plan and a willingness to drive continuous improvement for planning, communication, visibility and timely support of schedule attainment.
What you’re great at:
- Very strong understanding of Operations scheduling processes.
- Ability to collect, analyze, summarize and report on data related to production activities.
- Very strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and within a cross functional organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Excellent good problem solving skills.
- Customer focused.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize in an effective and efficient manner.
As a Production Scheduler, your typical day may include:
- Conversion of the Master Production Schedule (MPS) to the detailed day-to-day production schedule.
- Optimize production schedules according to MPS, Operational Demands and available capacity.
- Assist in the development of medium term plans to support scenario analysis, conflict analysis and production schedule business decisions.
- Provide planning support to the operations team for all Operations planning related aspects.
- Assist the Operations Team Lead in the coordination of Operations activities & respond to changes in demand.
- Act as the key point of contact for all functional areas in order to obtain critical planning information required to update and progress operations plans e.g. Validation, maintenance, engineering, etc.
- Promote an environment to implement planning improvements in line with site strategies, get alignment on the MPS and incorporate the feedback on projects into production plans.
- Facilitate daily operations team meetings & weekly supply review meeting.
- Perform monthly resource forecasting, in conjunction with Operations Team Leads.
- Communicate the production plan across the operations areas, identifying any production and/or material constraint that can impact production progress. Work with operations and planning groups to resolve any constraints.
- Respond to change in demand / schedule: analyze updated plans and highlight any areas of risk or schedule conflict to the operations manager.
- Collate and disseminate data required for monthly reporting.
- Generate and present daily/weekly/monthly reports and metrics as appropriate.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Rare in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail, alongside
- Third level qualification, ideally in Science or Supply Chain Management related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in (bio) pharmaceutical manufacturing required.
- Relevant qualification in Supply Chain Management (e.g APICS, IIPMM) advantageous.
- Lean/Continuous Improvement Qualifications advantageous.
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)