Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineer (Technical Safety)
Requisition ID: 1905718162W
Role: Process Engineer - Technical Safety
Location: Little Island, Cork, Ireland.
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Janssen Pharmaceutical Sciences Unlimited Company has been manufacturing bulk active pharmaceutical ingredients in Cork since 1981. Products are sold throughout the world to other Janssen and third party companies, where they are further processed into tablets, creams, or injectable dosage forms. These finished products are used in the treatment of a range of Psychiatric, Gastro Intestinal and Fungal disorders
as well as in the treatment of HIV.
The Process Engineer with responsibility for Technical Safety will be responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of technical safety on the Janssen Pharmaceutical Sciences Ireland UC site and will engage with the Janssen Small Molecule Cluster Manufacturing Asset Management function for alignment and best practice.
The Process Safety Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager or designee and will provide technical support to EHS, Operations and Project Teams on Engineering technical safety matters. The Process Engineer with responsibility for Technical Safety will form part of the overall site goal of ensuring a safe place of work.
As a Process Engineer, your typical day may include:
- To manage and facilitate the Periodic HAZOP and PHA process including uploading of resulting actions onto the Enviromanager system and subsequent tracking of actions to closure.
- To lead or participate in Enviromanager investigations to provide engineering technical and process safety expertise.
- Organise and/or lead training on PSM topics or initiatives as required. Ensure that personal training requirements are completed in compliance with site procedures.
- Present topics covering Engineering Technical and Process Safety as required to increase awareness and retain focus on Engineering Technical and Process Safety on site as well as the role of the Process Engineer with responsibility for Technical Safety.
- Track and manage departmental EHS metrics and expedite actions.
- Responsible for PSM chapter(s) as assigned and provide support to site PSM lead as required.
- Participate and/or lead process safety compliance audits.
- Identify process hazards and initiate PSM projects as required to allow preparation of a CAR.
- Initiate PSM projects identified in Engineering Cascade and EHS Annual Maps and provide Engineering technical and process safety input as required.
- Take ownership of the HAC and EPD process ensuring that these are current and updated as required.
- Lead the Functional Safety Program to ensure correct management of the Safety Instrumented Systems and other protection layers as identified on site.
- Ensure that all emergency relief calculations are correct and kept up to date.
- Represent Engineering at EHS Operations Meeting. Attend project meetings as required to provide technical safety input and guidance.
- Implement measures to meet statutory and regulatory requirements pertaining to Process Safety Issues.
- Monitor and audit compliance aspects of permit to work process and assist with technical safety queries that arise during project constructability reviews.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on WRAPs/Machine Safety/CE Marking
- Provide technical input and guidance on inherent safe design during project design reviews
- Raise identified process safety issues with the Management Team as appropriate. Support Operations and Projects teams on Engineering Technical and Process Safety items.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Rare in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail, alongside
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate as part of a team.
- Customer focus.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Results and performance driven.
- Adaptable and flexible.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)