Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Process Specialist
Requisition ID: 1905718157W
Role: Manufacturing Process Specialist
Location: Ringaskiddy Cork, Ireland
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC established its operation in Ringaskiddy in 2005 on a 100 acre site with an investment of €500 million. For more than 25 years we have been a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis.
The facility in Ringaskiddy is operational producing biomedicines for both the treatment of immune related diseases and new and innovative cancer treatments.
In 2017, Janssen Sciences Ireland UC announced that it is to invest more than €300 million in the expansion of its manufacturing plant that will create more than 200 new jobs.
Reporting to Operations Manager, this position is responsible for representing operations on capital project teams and supporting first line trouble-shooting of the day to day activities within Operations
What you’re great at:
• Lead by example and strive to perform to high standards at all times
• Responsible and accountable for assuring the safe accomplishment of job activities, following good environmental practices and procedures. Commit to and demonstrate safe behavior in every activity.
• Carry out routine and non-routine tasks delegated by the Operations Manager according to appropriate procedures, values and standards.
• Carry out all activities in compliance with corporate and cGMP/EHS regulatory requirements.
• Compliance with Manufacturing and general site procedures at all times.
• Completion of all documentation in compliance with site procedures and GDP.
• Execution of activities as necessary to meet operational and business needs.
• Lead, support and participate in commissioning and qualification activities both current and future projects (and annual re-qualification activities). Also support to validation activities.
• Prioritize and schedule activities to support business needs and to meet requirements of Master Production Schedule.
• Lead and Support investigation and resolution of problems on plant.
• Participate in and lead Cross-Functional teams as necessary.
• Generate and assist with generation, review and revision of Manufacturing documentation as necessary.
• Ensure that personal training requirements are completed in compliance with site procedures. Training and support for new recruits to the Manufacturing group
• Support ongoing studies by Validation, OTS and other support functions.
As a Manufacturing Process Specialist, your typical day may include:
• Represent Operations on cross functional project implementation teams
• Monitoring and troubleshooting of the manufacturing process and equipment issues and process optimization
• Monitoring and reporting of process performance using statistical process control
• Troubleshooting of DCS (e.g Delta V) and PLC control systems
• Investigating and resolving issues raised within the Manufacturing Department
• Participate in/ Lead Cross Functional teams when required
• Support of Commissioning and Qualification activities
• Preparation and updating of Batch Records, Procedures and Work Instructions
• Provide process and equipment related training as required within the Manufacturing Department
• Completion of assigned tasks to support manufacture of quality biomedicines in accordance with cGMP and EHS requirements
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Rare in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be part of this high performing team you will have:
• A relevant third level qualification in either Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Science or Engineering
• Manufacturing experience within a GMP regulated environment.
• Experience of the cell culture or purification processes
• Project / New equipment installation experience
• Process engineering experience
• Commissioning and qualification experience
• Postgraduate Qualification.
• Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience of DCS (e.g. Delta V), SCADA and PLC systems
• Experience of SAP, LIM’s and/or other business systems.
• 6-Sigma/Kepner-Tregoe or similar problem solving/decision making methodology training.
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)