Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist - Biotherapeutics
Requisition ID: 1905718149W
Janssen Research & Development seeks to drive innovation and deliver transformational medicines for the treatment of diseases in six therapeutic areas: neuroscience, cardiovascular diseases and metabolism, infectious diseases, immunology, oncology and pulmonary hypertension. In these areas, Janssen aims to address and solve unmet medical needs through the development of small and large molecules, as well as vaccines. The Janssen campus in Beerse (Belgium) has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. The integrated environment of our campus gives our people the chance to experience many different aspects of drug development throughout their career. It has a successful track record of over sixty years of drug discovery and development and is one of the most important innovation engines of the Janssen group worldwide.
Janssen Biotherapeutics is expanding and diversifying its antibody discovery activities in Belgium. We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic candidate to join our multifunctional and international research group on the Beerse campus.
We are looking for a scientist with a strong knowledge in FACS to take up the role of Senior Scientist in B cell technologies
- Play a central role in establishing and managing a state of the art antibody discovery platform based on single B cell sorting.
- Support therapeutic antibody discovery by performing regular antibody discovery campaigns on portfolio-prioritized projects.
- Design and execute Technology Development studies in the field of single cell technologies, with the aim of streamlining and refining internal technology platforms.
- Work independently and apply your knowledge to design innovative solutions to complex problems involving challenging therapeutic targets.
- Under the guidance of the team leader, contribute to several projects simultaneously and communicate progress against objectives effectively.
- PhD in molecular biology, cellular biology, immunology, or biochemistry, with at least 3 years of experience in biotech or pharma environment.
- Extensive knowledge in FACS with direct experience in cell sorting (FACSAria Fusion).
- Previous experience in cultivating primary rodent B cells, as well as in discovery of antibody therapeutics will be considered a plus.
- Experience in assay development, high throughput screening and automation preferred.
- Strong data analysis skills and excellent record keepings.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Previous experience in people management preferred.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
This position is a great starting point to become a project leader in drug development. You will get a unique look of the different facets of drug development and interact with all key partners/stakeholders needed to take a molecule and develop it into a medicine.
As an employee, we consider you as our most asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment, your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-learning, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)