Johnson & Johnson Careers
Design Quality / Senior Design Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905718143W
Role: Design Quality Engineer / Senior Design Quality Engineer
Location: DePuy, Leeds
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthesis investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, DePuy Synthes’ Design Quality Engineering department is recruiting for a Design Quality Engineer / Senior Design Quality Engineer (depending on experience to joint he team
As a Design Quality Engineer / Senior Design Quality Engineer you will have the ability to think creatively, driving forward the next generation of products. With a strong engineering and highest quality focus you will help transform concepts into safe and effective products that meet both the customer and the business needs.
- Working closely with suppliers or our manufacturing site in defining, developing and evaluating design and process specifications and their controls.
- Applying various Quality/Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods to identify and realize new product process introductions as well as process improvements.
- Ensuring the application of robust testing, risk assessments and subsequent mitigation activities.
- Leading or assisting in Design FMEA’s and the resolution of any issues identified during development.
- Transposing knowledge and expertise of manufacturing and inspection methods and their limitations into cost effective design and process solutions.
- Leading discussions relating to manufacturing topics and presenting proposed solution.
- Lead Design for Inspection activities for all NPD to ensure latest technology is available to reduce Human Factor.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- You will have wide Quality Engineering experience and be able to work effectively across many different functions internally and externally which will ensure that we meet both the customer and the business needs.
- You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player.
- Continuous improvement will be at the heart of your decision making, looking for areas in which we can create efficiencies through better working practices to deliver enhanced compliance.
- You'll conduct day-to-day and strategic activities in supplier lifecycle management, meaning you will be great at establishing clear expectations and collaborating with internal and external partners leading to consistent, reliable processes and services.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related technical/scientific fields
- Basic knowledge of Quality Engineering/Scientific methods and techniques.
- Basic technical understanding of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Experience managing tasks or small projects and demonstrating project leadership abilities.
- Basic understanding of and application of measuring techniques (for example, mechanical, optical, gages, automation).
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)