Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist Mechanism Based DMPK
Requisition ID: 1905718130W
Johnson & Johnson’s pharmaceutical businesses operate under the Janssen name. Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, it is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world and employs more than 4,000 professionals in Belgium. The research and development centre in Beerse, Belgium develops products for a wide range of disease areas.
This Research Scientist vacancy is a key scientific position within the Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) department, a crucial discipline of Discovery Sciences within Janssen Pharmaceutica. The DMPK department within Janssen Research & Development is constantly strengthening its team and is currently looking for a (Senior) Scientist with expertise in translational in vitro DMPK research. The successful candidate will join a team of talented and passionate scientists and will work in an inspiring environment where science, innovation and collaboration are key to our success. They will have the opportunity to be actively involved in projects at the stages of drug discovery and development, while developing and expanding their career.
- The research scientist within the DMPK department will take a leading role in designing and interpreting translational DMPK studies, all aimed at improving our success in bringing differentiated medicines to patients. The individual in this role will be asked:
- Provide development projects with mechanistic understanding and data integration of the correlation between in vitro and in vivo ADME properties and the relationship between pharmacokinetics/toxicokinetics and pharmacodynamic responses.
- To independently design, plan and conduct hypothesis driven translational research; provide interpretation of data and present/report results and recommendations to project teams.
- To keep abreast with the current advances in translational DMPK research and related technologies and apply new approaches to accelerating research and improving the quality of potential candidate drugs.
- To display a strong interest in practical in vitro studies and a keen interest in troubleshooting.
- To contribute to authoring/reviewing study reports of DMPK data in preparation for internal governance bodies as well as regulatory documents.
- To work collaboratively and cross-disciplinary to solve scientific problems.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, Pharmacology, Biomedical Sciences or equivalent.
- (Hands-on)experience in drug metabolism, in vitro liver (eg next generation 2D, 3D, fluidics models), kidney (eg primary kidney cells) and gastrointestinal models (eg intestinal organoids, enterocytes,…) are preferred.
- In depth knowledge of pharmacokinetics in general is required
- Prior post-doctoral experience (1-3 years) in scientific area of relevance is preferred.
- A strong interest in pharmacology is considered a plus.
- A strong interest in bioanalytical assay development (eg LC/MS) in considered a plus
- Ability to independently diagnose and design specific tailor-made study packages to tackle complex compound-specific problems
- High level of professional and personal flexibility, scientific curiosity, creativity and sense of responsibility and accountability
- Team player with strong communication skills in an international team setting, including a matrix environment
- Excellent organizational skills and knowledge of the English language is required (oral/written)
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs,we ensure your personal growth.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)