Johnson & Johnson Careers
Key Account Manager Sheffield, East Midlands
Requisition ID: 1905717917W
At Johnson & Johnson, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, rare diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Motivated by our dedication to patients, we bring creative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world.
We are now recruiting for a Key Account Manager for our Actelion Business. The position combines work in the centre itself – The Royal Hallamshire , Sheffield and referral activities .
A field-based role with the primary purpose of creating increased sales of PAH portfolio products
linked to a key prescribing account. To be achieved through sales activity and, where other barriers
exist, through developing profitable solutions and programmes with key stakeholders.
- Achieve the sales target set for the account
- Take responsibility for key account planning and ensure delivery against objectives set and agreed – this includes individual plans and selling strategies for key account customers as well as the wider business aspects. Develop and implement the key account plan through coordination with colleagues and across functions.
- Lead the key account team and orchestrate all activities associated with the account.
- Develop and implement appropriate coverage and frequency strategy for customers within the key account and associated referral centres. Where necessary, co-ordinate and direct referral activity through the referral team.
- Ensure a multi-channel approach is utilised with customers, maximising the opportunity provided by technology
- Work with customer to identify partnership opportunities with clear business outcomes and ROI expectations. Ensure these are captured within the plan and that customer commitment is gained.
- Serve as a primary contact for all customers in the key account. Where appropriate, initiate and develop the company’s relationship with new stakeholders. In this regard, work closely with the Professional and Scientific Relations Manager.
- Ensure all relevant account and customer intelligence is shared within the business and utilised appropriately. Interpret current account trends and data and work with the marketing team to ensure specific account opportunities are maximised.
- Operate day-to-day activities within the budget allocated. Where specific additional investment is required e.g. for a specific programme or activity, develop a business case as appropriate. This should detail the investment opportunity and the outcomes expected.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of disease area, products and company materials and resources.
- Ensure minimum standards for administration are adhered to. Comply with all company guidelines and policies.
- Degree education, ideally in life science or business-related
- Broad pharmaceutical industry experience within a sales environment, with a proved track record of commercialising high-value pharmaceutical products into tertiary environment
- Strong skills and experience in use of key account planning as a basis for making both strategic recommendations and delivering tactical level action plans
- Knowledge of NHS structures, policy and strategy sufficient to identify customer needs, and Actelion opportunities, across a broad range of stakeholders
- Key account leadership abilities with demonstrable examples of using others to achieve specific account goals
- Refined interpersonal skills with ability to present and influence at all customer levels to ensure business opportunities are optimised.
- Proven evidence of creating and implementing programmes in a key account which increase sales through e.g. capacity enhancement, improved patient pathways
- High level selling skills
- Skills to employ technologies effectively and proficiently
- Strong organisation and time-management skills
- Analytical skills – use of available data to identify business opportunities and track performance
- Positive attitude to change
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a specialist therapeutic area
- Working knowledge of the Actelion core therapy areas (cardiovascular, respiratory)
- Experience of P&L responsibility for territory/account
Actelion Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd (8616)