Johnson & Johnson Careers
Clinical Trial Management On-Boarding and Training Sr Specialist
Requisition ID: 1905717805W
Clinical Trial Management (CTM), On-Boarding & Training Senior Specialist (PG 26)
Locations : High Wycombe, Titusville, Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA, or Beerse, Belgium, Warsaw, Poland. Consideration for remote working will also be given for the right candidate
Closing Date : 20th Feb 2019
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are now recruiting for a Clinical Trial Management (CTM) On-Boarding & Training (OBT) Senior Specialist who is responsible for supporting the CTM Leadership Team (LT) and CTM Functional Managers (FMs) in the recruiting, on-boarding, and training of new Clinical Trial Management resources.
The CTM, On-boarding & Training senior Specialist also maintains CTM training curriculum, ensuring it is up to date with relevant processes/systems. Drives new-hire training assignment and completion, providing guidance on applicable processes and systems, as well as, organizational structure and company culture. Takes Lead for assigned processes and subject matter expert (SME) working groups. Drives continuous process improvements, including development and delivery of related training/tools for current staff.
He/She Supports development and delivery of key performance, quality, and new hire metrics for the CTM organization Delivers supplemental training in support of talent development
Influences departmental decisions, as appropriate, and understands/aligns with long-term business needs. Takes a key role in ensuring quality focus in the CTM organization and related processes.
- Support talent acquisition process and capacity management through engagement with CTM FMs, Flex staff providers, and JNJ Talent Acquisition, including the triage of incoming profiles, candidate screening and interviewing process, and provides candidate feedback, as appropriate.
- Employs a consistent approach in screening and interviewing. Tracks candidate progress. Provides LT overview of talent pipeline.
- Support on-boarding of new individuals, including administrative aspects and liaising with CTM LT, FMs, HR, IT, Department Administrative Assistants, External Alliance Team, and External Service Providers, as appropriate,
- Develop, maintain, and deliver training to new individuals, including overview of the organization, resources and tools, systems, and internal partners/functional areas.
- In collaboration with the FMs, provide guidance to new CTMs on training prioritization in line with assigned projects/activities.
- Develop, maintain, and deliver hands-on/practical training to new and current CTMs on systems, processes, etc.
- Support talent development programs and initiatives.
- Act as a go-to person for training related/process related questions.
- Work with Business and Process Owners to ensure process changes are communicated promptly and develop/deliver related trainings, as applicable. Provide feedback on existing processes and initiate/lead/support process improvement and related training initiatives
- Oversee the mentor/peer support program.
- Centralize feedback obtained during the onboarding process, identify opportunities for improvement, and liaise with appropriate functions and CTM LT to drive change.
- Ensure CTM training curriculum is up to date.
- Monitor external environment and process/systems changes impacting CTM job requirements and ensure any required changes are implemented in the training and onboarding.
- Previous clinical trial operations experience in the pharmaceutical industry, CRO, or related field; however, other relevant experience and skills may be considered by the hiring manager when considering the candidate’s eligibility.
- Experience with training development and delivery preferred.
- Knowledge of Clinical Research operations, including ICH Guidelines, FDA regulations, EU Clinical Trial Directive, and other applicable GxP regulations.
- Thorough understanding of current Clinical R&D processes, practices, and industry systems.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Able to transfer knowledge to others and deliver training sessions for maximum impact and retention.
- Proven coaching skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, manage and execute assigned tasks with minimal guidance.
- Knowledge of the corporate structure and culture is preferred.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Ability to create a diverse and inclusive environment; embraces generational differences.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in English language (both oral and written) is required.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Poland-Mazowieckie-Warsaw, North America-United States-Florida-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)
Clinical Trial Administration