Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1905717722W
Senior Legal Counsel - Consumer (Northern Europe)
Location: Maidenhead Office
The Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Legal Counsel to provide legal support to Johnson & Johnson Consumer Businesses in Northern Europe (UK, Ireland and Nordics). This position is based in the Maidenhead Office, UK.
As Senior Legal Counsel you are expected to advise on a broad range of legal issues to support all areas of the Northern European Consumer business. You will report into the Legal Director and be supported by a Paralegal.
Job Content/ Key Accountabilities
You will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Advise on a broad range of legal issues including: UK, Irish and Nordic legislation, commercial contracts, data protection, intellectual property, competition law, digital projects and compliance matters
- Advising on consumer brands such as Neutrogena®, Calpol®, Nicorette®, Clean & Clear® and Johnson’s®. Advice covers compliance with advertising regulations, consumer laws, competitor challenges, sponsorship deals, IP related advice, creative agency agreements, in and out-licensing, manufacturing contracts, media contracts and consumer complaints
- Reviewing and advising on business models and transactions, with a good knowledge of applicable laws and regulations including competition law
- Training and development of business colleagues on various legal topics
- Defending brand advertising challenges via the Advertising Standards Authority and working as part of cross-functional team challenging competitors on a range of advertising claims in accordance with the CAP and/or PAGB Codes
- Connecting with the broader legal teams both within EMEA and worldwide
- Qualified lawyer with at least five years legal experience in a leading law firm and/or law department of a multinational corporation
- Strong interest or prior experience in the consumer healthcare sector
- Strong Communication skills - Fluency in English (oral and written)
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will also possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Business oriented with an ability to dedicatedly engage with business colleagues to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement their desired action plans and build compliant growth for the business
- Good judgement and analytical skills, business consultative skills and an ability to think in a structured way
- Ability to work independently and effectively across a matrix organization
- Strong communication skills
- Strong teammate, capable of building positive relationships and keen to work well within a diverse group of people and different businesses
- Capable dealing with ambiguity and ability to simplify complicated issues for clients and provide pragmatic, commercially focused advice
If you would like to apply for the job, please visit www.careers.jnj.com - The job requisition ID is 1905717722W or follow the link below to find out more.
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)