Johnson & Johnson Careers
Buyer / Senior Buyer
Requisition ID: 1905717697W
As a Senior Buyer / Category Associate will be responsible for supporting the MRO Category Lead EMEA in managing the category strategies, spend and suppliers for Johnson & Johnson Companies in EMEA and mainly for VisionCare, Limerick, IE.
This individual will monitor, analyze and report on the organization’s activities and ability to deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
The Buyer / Senior Buyer / Category Associate’s scope of responsibilities includes:
Lead and execute all steps according to the global sourcing process and with the tools provided (e.g. RFI, RFP (bidding, e-auctions), supplier negotiations, contracting with support of our colleagues from GS Supplier Contracting Services, etc.)
Manage supplier communications, including sourcing event invitations, issue resolution, pricing terms negotiations, and contracting
Regional market knowledge for various categories that has been gained throughout the process to be captured and shared across the sourcing team.
Translate global strategies into regional execution and deployment, in alignment with regional business priorities
Perform data analytics, forecast demand, identify sourcing opportunities and baselines for purchasing that meet prioritized business requirements
- Shape regional supplier base per the global strategy
Partner with Category Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage
- Perform proactive stakeholder management to get visibility on business’ activities /issues and to become a trusted advisor to the business to identify sourcing opportunities
Assess change needs, impacts, and support change management activities
- Perform SRM (supplier relationship mgmt.) activities with selected preferred suppliers
- Assist in executing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or sub-category of spend to ensure they effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Participate in regional portfolio capital projects reviews if needed
- Broad-based understanding of core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of delivering against targets and objectives
- Demonstrated Credo mind-set and behaviour
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Strategic sourcing / procurement experience
Johnson and Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)