Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist (Colloid Sciences)
Requisition ID: 1905716297W
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Within Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS), Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD) focuses on end-to-end development of small molecule drug products and support during life cycle management.
Our organization consists of a global network of passionate employees across different sites in EU, US and Asia and, in addition, of a network of CROs across the globe, providing us flexibility in capacity and capabilities.
We continue to Build Our Future by Growing our Strengths in different areas:
- Improving our Scientific Excellence
- Creating an environment in which Talent Development, Diversity and Inclusion provides a competitive advantage and is a source of inspiration for our employees
- Investing in innovation, technology, equipment and infrastructure
- Leading analytical investigations for the Small Molecule R&D and Commercial product portfolio
- Development and implementation of new and innovative Analytical Technology Platforms
- Analytical centres of excellence in:
- Elemental analysis
- Particle characterization & identification
- Surfaces and Bulk powder properties
- Packaging and combination products
- Polymer sciences
- Mass spectrometry and (ss) NMR
In the AMCI group in Beerse (Belgium) – there is currently a full-time opening for a (m/f) characterization expert (Senior/Principal Scientist) in colloidal and nanoparticulate systems.
- Study nanoparticulate and colloidal systems such as nanocrystalline suspensions, oligonucleotides, (hydro)gels, micellar and self-emulsifying drug delivery systems (SMEDDS), liposomes, etc. with state of the art analytical technologies and collaborate with CMC and drug product development teams to design the best product and process to meet the therapeutic product profile
- Develop as subject matter expert, design, lead and perform experiments in the analytical development for colloidal systems
- Apply state-of–the art science to ensure a targeted approach to problem solving and delivering relevant results
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers and show willingness to learn/explore new techniques
- Act quickly, lead and provide expertise and solutions for investigations on commercial products
- Develop test procedures and write scientific and investigations reports
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP and safety
- Stay up to date with the scientific literature
- Initiate and follow up collaboration with external partners and universities
- Provide input to investment plans to consolidate (and expand) capabilities
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) preferably in Chemical - (Bio)Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or equivalent by experience
- Expert in state of the art analytical techniques to study nanoparticulate and colloidal systems such as, scattering techniques (DLS, SAXS, (SEC)-MALS), zeta potential, (electron) microscopy, sedimentation and turbidity related technologies, rheology, etc.
- Knowledge on colloidal stability and factors that influence stability
- Good background on preparing dispersions, tailoring dispersion stability and the relation of particulate and dispersion properties to suspension rheology
- Ensure high scientific quality standards for experiments and take responsibility for the results
- Efficient, flexible and dynamic
- Demonstrate capabilities in strategic thinking
- Innovative solutions/technical skills
- Customer focus and results and performance driven
- Sense of Urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Good English scientific writing skills
- Team player
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)