Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist in vitro Electrophysiologist
Requisition ID: 1905715900W
Janssen Research & Development, a division of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, has opened up an excellent scientist position as opportunity at its site in Beerse, Belgium. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent and passionate PhD qualified researcher to join our multinational Global Safety Pharmacology research group. This support covers from discovery, through clinical development and up to Marked products.
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative and productive Scientist with some background experience in cardiac- and/or neuronal electrophysiology and pharmacology, preferably with some skills in different standard and innovative in vitro technologies (eg. multi-electrode, impedance and/or or ion channel patch clamp). Although training will be provided, some skills on applications of human stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes and/or neurons would be beneficial, as the successful candidate will help in the development and evaluation of new in vitro assays to detect drug-induced cardiac toxicity and / or seizure liabilities. The ideal candidate should have some experience on a wide range of in vitro methods within this field. The candidate should be able to work autonomously and should be well-organized and team-orientated. He/she should have good communication skills. and will be trained to design and execute new assay development work, with significant hands-on involvement, and may be expected to supervise assistant scientists/technicians, who will be in the same team.
Key job responsibilities:
- Develop, characterize and establish in vitro platforms (on cardiac and neuronal toxicity in vitro specially on stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes and neurons)
- Design and develop medium-/high-throughput assays
- Analyze, review, interpret and draw scientific data on the assays
- Communication via written reports and oral presentations
- May write/draft scientific publications
- Work productively as a team member as well as independently
- Collaborate across research groups outside of global safety pharmacology
Education & experience
Ph.D. degree with 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience or a minimum of 12 year of experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond a B.S. degree or at least 3 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the senior associated scientist level
- Experience in Multi-electrode, and other cell-based functional electrophysiological assays
- Design/application of multiplex assays will be preferred.
Some skills for data analysis, interpretation and reporting.
Some written and oral English communication skills required.
Highly motivated to learn new techniques and develop new assays
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team working in an innovative environment, your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)