Johnson & Johnson Careers
High Wycombe, United Kingdom; Maidenhead, United Kingdom; Leeds, United Kingdom; Wokingham, United Kingdom
Legal (Non Attorney)
Requisition ID: 1905715354W
Privacy Specialist, UK & Ireland
Location: JnJ office UK (preferred) or Ireland
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every single day a little better. Over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a Privacy Specialist for the UK & Ireland, you will assist the Senior Privacy Manager with the implementation and management of the Johnson & Johnson Privacy compliance programme for UK and Ireland Pharmaceuticals, Consumer and Medical Device businesses and companies, as well as manufacturing, supply chain and R&D operations.
- Assist the Senior Privacy Manager in ensuring that data protection risks are identified and personal information processing activities by all relevant local Johnson & Johnson companies and businesses align with Johnson & Johnson Privacy principles and applicable Privacy laws and regulations, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and national regulations or applicable codes of conduct/guidance
- Deputise for the Senior Privacy Manager in local company compliance committees (or similar governance structures), to highlight Privacy risks and status of local Privacy programme deployment.
- Liaises with business process owners, to build an understanding of Privacy risks related to their personal information processing activities and provides advice on how to mitigate these risks, by embedding Privacy into the design of business processes.
- Collaborates with J&J Technology (JJT) on compliance assessments and Internet and digital asset compliance review process.
- Assists the Senior Privacy Manager with the deployment of a local Privacy programme, in terms of Policies and Procedures, Training and Communication, Testing and Monitoring, in accordance with the requirements set by J&J’s global Privacy Framework.
- Rolls out Privacy mentoring in accordance with agreed training plan in all relevant local business operations. Develops local training content and awareness programmes for employees and contractors, where needed.
- Aids the Law Department and Procurement, if needed, with the insertion of adequate Privacy language into contracts with third party service providers
- Provides general assistance with the management of any contract and vendor remediation projects by partnering with cross sector partners, including IT, Business, Legal, HR and other third parties.
- Assists business process owners with self-assessments, identifying and documenting privacy risks, including remediation and mitigation plans where appropriate
- Manages requests for access and correction of personal information or complaints against the organization, under the guidance of the Senior Privacy Manager.
- Helps manage the response to local Privacy incidents, under the guidance of the Senior Privacy Manager and build collaboration with the Global Privacy Team, IT Security, Law Department and relevant business process owners, and monitors the execution of resulting remediation action plans.
- Assists the Senior Privacy Manager with the fulfillment of legal obligations under GDPR, in particular:
- The up to date maintenance of internal records of processing, in accordance with GDPR art.30
- The execution of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA), in accordance with GDPR art.35
- The notification of data breaches to the regulator, in accordance with J&J’s global incident response plan and breach notification process
Experience / Qualification / Skills
- Significant prior experience in Privacy, Legal or Compliance role (including connected project management or equivalent experience)
- Deep understanding of applicable European and local Privacy laws and regulations
- Good working knowledge of common IT systems, processes and information security practices
- Experience of working in a flexible and dynamic matrix environment within a large multinational corporation
Required skill set
- Committed to maintain the highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability when advising the business
- Proven ability to engage with a range of business units and functions and dedicated to uncovering their objectives and needs
- Builds positive relationships and seek to translate a wide variety of principles and, sometimes complex, legal requirements into actionable solutions for the business
- Strong communication skills with excellent organizational, facilitation, communication and presentation skills
- Global mindset and preparedness to incorporate global standards and practices, for consistency and to drive continuous improvements
- Works effectively autonomously and as part of a wider team.
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Johnson and Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Maidenhead, United Kingdom-England-Leeds, United Kingdom-England-Wokingham
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)
Legal (Non Attorney)