Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Network L4 Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905715185W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The L4 Engineer supports global network services across all J&J’s operating companies. J&J’s network environment includes global Enterprise Data Centers and sites with emerging technologies (e.g. SDN, SDDC and Virtualization) as well as foundational network services (e.g. Data routing/switching, Voice, Video, WLAN, IPAM, remote access, load balancing, Contact Centers, and Cabling) within a complex and multi-vendor environment. The role is highly technical and will be responsible for providing advanced technical troubleshooting and problem resolution, implementation of advanced complex changes, guiding and teaching others.
This is a Follow-the-Sun Model with 3 shifts. Each shift will be responsible for the network globally during the shift hours. Weekend shift rotations will be required.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plays a leading role in supporting all network infrastructure operations across multiple technology domains (Voice, Video, Data, Call Center, and network applications). This includes advanced technical diagnostics and execution of complex changes. Provide expert / advanced level troubleshooting to resolve complex network and voice Incidents. Oversee and technically drive network Pri1’s and critical issues within shift to ensure the Managed Service Provider is restoring service as quickly and efficiently as possible. Ensure Incident Management is achieving the goal of fast and efficient restoration of services. Receives escalations and manages issues. Provide input to the Reliability Process within the Network domain. Responsible for Change Management performance including Change quality and technical review / approval of Changes for breakfix situations
- Fosters and maintains customer relationships with Business IT units to understand and respond to customer’s operational needs. Partner with other TS organizations to deliver end to end process excellence resulting in more robust infrastructure services
- Responsible for Operational Continuous Improvement (reviewing logs, configurations, tools, analytic data, etc.) to continually improve the reliability of the JNJ network. Ensure best in class network performance through proactive and predictive network monitoring and controls. This individual will utilize operational technologies and tools to prevent network outages. This includes providing feedback to engineering and deployment teams for continual improvement / DevOps
- Guides and teaches L3 Engineers and other resources to support network and telecom domains.
- Provide input to design changes to enhance availability, capacity and performance.
- Manage the development of requirements for Service Providers to ensure appropriate standards, policies, and guidelines are included
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ Years Related Experience
- 10+ years of experience with an MSP, ISP, major carrier, or very large enterprise network
- Expert level at troubleshooting and diagnostics. Able to perform (advanced level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure.
- Ability to configure / implement complex network changes
- Strong and broad technical knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure, switching / routing in a large and complex network, DHCP, DNS, IP (Schema, subnetting, summarization) IP management tools, network management applications, advanced WAN routing, WAN/LAN/Wireless LAN topologies, MPLS and other WAN technologies, unified Communication, IPT, traffic shaping / QoS, EIGRP/BGP, multimedia/VoIP solutions (SIP), firewalls, and contact center technology
- Strong to expert knowledge of Routing and Switching systems; strong understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Strong knowledge of VoIP, Multicast, STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels), Firewalls (Security Appliances), Netflow, IPSLA, and VPN technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)