Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Data Center Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905715105W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The role of Manager Data Center Engineer is ownership, management and delivery of network infrastructure requests and projects throughout their lifecycle. The scope covers all aspects of Voice and Data network technology within the Enterprise Data Centers. This may include critical global requests in addition to regionally specific. The role is responsible for understanding and addressing business requirements, building solutions which comply with J&J standards and coordinating in-house resources, capacity teams, outsourced teams and vendors to ensure cost-effective and on-time delivery of solutions that meet business partner’s requirements. The role will also be responsible for effective communication with business partners and stakeholders at all levels and across multiple geographies. When required, the role may become involved with operational support related to the delivered solution.
This role is highly technical and will be responsible for the implementation of advanced complex changes within the Enterprise Data Centers.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct network solution requirements gathering and develop options and alternatives
- Provide pre-project consulting to the business and recommend network solutions to solve business problems. Work with other Global Network Services personnel to provide expertise regarding the Enterprise Data Center portion of solutions. Develop solutions compliant with J&J architectural standards and work with Global Engineering team to design non-standard solutions when required.
- Build solutions and implementation plans utilizing the appropriate internal and external resources (Ordering & Quoting team; Change Management team; Implementation Planner Capacity team; vendor resources) and ensuring full involvement of business partners and communication to all stakeholders.
- Ensure flawless execution of implementation plan in conjunction with vendors and resource teams. Co-ordinate service introduction, hypercare, documentation, operational handover and if necessary, provide support for operational issues.
- Regional and global support for request management including co-ordination and supervision of regional and global teams/resources; representing region to develop global standards, processes and best practices for Networking; acting as an escalation point for specific projects.
- Where required, hands on implementation of complex changes in Enterprise Data Centers.
- Involvement in vendor selection and governance processes
- Approve purchase of equipment, services and supplies
- Backup and support roles and functions in the Network team to ensure delivery of consistent customer service
- Provide input to design changes to enhance availability, capacity and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 Years Related Experience
- Strong and broad technical knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure, switching / routing in a large and complex network, DHCP, DNS, IP (Schema, subnetting, summarization) IP management tools, network management applications, advanced WAN routing, WAN/LAN/Wireless LAN topologies, MPLS and other WAN technologies, unified Communication, IPT, traffic shaping / QoS, EIGRP/BGP, multimedia/VoIP solutions (SIP), firewalls, and contact center technology
- Strong to expert knowledge of Routing and Switching systems; strong understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Strong knowledge of VoIP, Multicast, STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels), Firewalls (Security Appliances), Netflow, IPSLA, and VPN technologies
- Ability to configure/implement complex network changes in a data center environment
- Strong experience translating business requirements into technical network solutions
- Proven experience in network and infrastructure planning and development
- Proven experience working in a global environment and coordinating across regions
- Extensive experience managing technically complex telecommunication deployments and projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Willingness to work some weekends and evenings to support implementations
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)