Johnson & Johnson Careers
Compound Logistics Expert
Requisition ID: 1905714617W
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Compound Logistics Expert to be located in Beerse, Belgium.
Our Discovery Sciences Organization at the BE site is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative (Senior Associate) Scientist - Compound Logistics to join our Global team. He/she will be involved in the day-to-day compound management operations to effectively support the needs of the local Drug Discovery teams and the global HTS team.
The successful candidate will drive efficiency & innovation by design of professional services, automating common and time-consuming tasks, and participation in the continuing development and implementation of new robotic handling methods and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
In summary, a multi-disciplinary approach to manage the automation/informatics of daily operations, provide flexible and adaptive support of local & global research goals, and develop new state-of-the-art systems and processes is expected.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Accountable for all aspects of Compound Logistics from support of daily operations and delivery of screening plates to strategic input into next generation compound management workflows.
- Work collaboratively in the CL team to deliver quality and timely weighing, solubilization and screening plates, in accordance with service level agreements.
- Operate and troubleshoot automated storage & retrieval systems and state-of-the-art liquid handling platforms.
- Operate and evolve compound handling methods and processes to enable efficient execution of Drug Discovery activities.
- Design, develop and implement innovative, outstanding, efficient & effective automation solutions.
- Manage and ensure integration of local support solutions with worldwide compound management strategies.
- Collaborate with all key stakeholders within department or across functions and contribute to (Global) CL team visibility. Participate in site-wide communication and training on hardware and software capabilities.
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related field is required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a compound management or pharmaceutical laboratory automation group is required.
- Strong skills in automation and robotics: demonstrated in depth hands-on experience with laboratory equipment commonly employed in Compound Management (hard- and software related).
- Dynamic Scientist with proven track record of design, developing and implementing efficient workflow processes, automated sample management, liquid handling, integrated data handling, and informatics to challenge existing procedures and improve compound flows using automated systems and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with interaction with instrument & software vendors is highly sought.
- Success in working with multiple customer groups to deliver solutions enabling them to achieve their goals. Project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to responsibly complete daily tasks on time are required.
- The ability to work well within a team and the ability to train colleagues.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate significant management and leadership skills, be self-motivated, well-organized, and be able to think strategically.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)