Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Lead
Requisition ID: 1905714362W
The Strategic Sourcing Lead will be responsible for leading initiatives within the Procurement organization for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities to deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
It will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end category leadership such as category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships in support of the J&J Surgical Vision business. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or sub-categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
- Interface directly with supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understands operational considerations. Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business/Franchise Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization.
- Develop and execute Procurement strategies that are aligned with the business/sector needs
- Ensure execution of category strategies to include: sourcing strategy execution, negotiations, contract implementation and performance against established targets
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes, policies, guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and Business Operating Principles
- Conduct performance reviews/serve as People Manager for Subordinate Leads.
- Lead team meetings and provide updates to Global Procurement Leadership.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Knowledge of SAP and Suppliers
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills are required
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches, resolving issues and a focus on continuous improvement
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with J&J senior Management
- Ability to show strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years procurement/sourcing experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Supply Chain / Logistics / Business or related discipline preferred
- APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification a plus.
- Project management experience a plus
- Supplier Management
- Supplier and Internal Manufacturing Processes
AMO Netherlands BV (8356)