Johnson & Johnson Careers
Praktikum Product Development Spine
Requisition ID: 1905712821W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings, help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For our Spine R&D department in Oberdorf (BL) we are looking for a highly committed:
Intern (6-12 months)
By participating in the daily business, during your internship you will receive a deep insight into the medical device industry and requirements relating to product development and maintenance. Work within R&D new product development, support engineers with their projects.
· Assist in the design and development aspects of a project
· Participating in a cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process
· Work closely with the project leader, members of the project core team (marketing, manufacturing, quality, testing, supply chain etc.) and surgeons to help define design inputs, and solve design problems utilizing CAD techniques, rapid and conventional prototyping and other available technologies
· Develop layouts and tolerance studies, participate in performing design evaluations (such as FEA, simulated use testing, dry labs and wet tissue labs etc.)
· Assist with development and execution of design verification and validation plans and testing
· Work with manufacturing engineering and/or suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and assembly to produce functioning prototypes and supporting production documentation
Budding engineer (FH,
ETH, min. 2 years of study) with Engineering / Materials Engineering /
Biomedical Engineering expertise and interested in the areas of product
development and medical devices.
- Basic experience with CAD software (NX and/or SWX preferred) is beneficial
- English and German knowledge
- Knowledge of anatomy and spine products are an advantage
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization with excellent working conditions then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.).
Synthes GmbH (7111)