Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905711946W
Business area – Biomechanics
Location – Leeds
Depuy Synthes is part of Johnson & Johnson, the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. Depuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Perform research projects on medical devices and biomaterials to help in the development and analysis of new and improved orthopaedic medical products. Other requirements include an understanding of tribology, mechanics, materials, international standards and bioengineering in both the industrial and academic fields.
- Responsibilities listed below do not represent the full scope of the duties and responsibilities but aims to be representative of the fundamental expectations of a Test Engineer.
- Stay current with advances in new biomaterials and biomechanics testing.
- Conduct, document and report on basic biomaterials research
- Assist in the evaluation of research proposals relative to DePuy objectives and business plan
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Clinical and Regulatory Affairs as their problems relate to material or product matters
- Assist and/or perform performance testing of competitor products and new products from the DePuy Product Development process
- Assist Product Development with Tribology and Biomechanics related project evaluations
- Create and implement Engineering Change Instructions/ materials specifications, SOPs/ SMTs
- Complete research projects in a timely manner to aid in the development of new products.
- Participate in cross functional projects and work in a global team
- Interact routinely with all levels of company management, surgeons, academics and vendors
Experience, Skills and Abilities
Skills and Abilities (Can Do Criteria):
- Possess a mechanical/materials/forensic or bioengineering engineering background
- Possess a minimum of a B.S. and 2-3 years medical products or engineering experience or M.S. and 0-1 years engineering experience.
- Work with limited supervision
- Exhibit superior time management, leadership and decision making skills
- Proactive, demonstrating a high level of initiative
- Confident and effective communicator at all levels
- Knowledge of basic research and laboratory practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team working skills and flexibility are essential
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)