Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR. CUSTOMS ANALYST
Descripción del Trabajo
Requisition ID: 1905710668W
“Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers”
The Global Job Posting policy promotes the commitment to the advancement and development of our employees. We invite you to read this posting and apply if you are interested in the position and meet the requirements.
Ethicon Endo Surgery (Planta Independencia), a Johnson & Johnson company, is a trusted, world-wide leader in medical devices company who contributes to the advance surgery and improves lives every day. We are qualified as one of the top best place to work. Joining ETHICON is more than joining a great company, it means being a part of a legacy of innovation, development and philanthropy. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com
Searching the best talent for: SR. CUSTOMS ANALYST
Is responsible to coordinate, supervise, plan, participate and/or support in all import/export operations in order to comply with all requirements and general objectives of the plants related to Campus activities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plans, conducts and directs Customs projects including complete projects requiring advanced knowledge of a specialized field. Applies comprehensive and diverse knowledge of Trade Laws within broad assignments areas. May coordinate and direct activities of technical support staff and is responsible for technical development of assigned staff.
· Prepares Import/Export reports to comply with Mexico and US regulations and internal needs.
· Coordinate the general documentation for import-export, to comply with the Legal requirements for Mexico and US Customs.
· Represents the Company in all Customs matters related to Mexico Customs and other Government agencies in Mexico.
· Ensures and anticipates compliance of Mexico Government requirements/Review changes and analyzes impact related to Customs Laws and regulations ensuring the correct implementation.
· Ensures compliance with Internal Customs yearly forecast as well as financial analysis and reports related to budget.
· Analyze, review and control import/export balances and reconciliation of customs documents versus perpetual records
· Ensures that all applicable permits and licenses are transacted in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ensures that all Certificates of Origin are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Analyze all the BOM’s to determine the origin of products and update the Vastera database.
· Ensures FDA Codes are in place, when required for articles to be imported to US.
· FDA data loading into Vastera.
· Request and control the Chain of Custody letters for the FDA.
· Determine recommended tariff classification for all merchandise for US and Mexico Customs.
· Coordinate with US Broker resolution for any situation that may affect the operation of the company.
· Updates data in Customs System (Vastera).
· Conducts periodic audits/reviews of information loaded or updated into Customs System (Vastera).
· Ensures implementation of changes related to SAAI and SQL at Customs System (Vastera).
· Ensures procurement of department supplies and resources.
· Provides training as needed to Customers and Associates.
· Ensures proper record keeping and archiving of customs documents according to regulations and J and J policies and procedures.
· Performs the necessary actions and coordinates timely and secure flow of new product lines and transfers.
· Coordinates external audits of Customs department activities.
· Continuous review and update of internal controls and requirements related to International business operations of the Company.
· Follows all company safety policies and other safety precautions within the work area. Ensures compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities. Is his/her responsibility to comply with Company policies and procedures as well as local, state and federal regulations of the countries related to customs activity.
· **Follow J&J and EES Records Management Policies for Convenience Information, Records Retention Schedules, Training and Education, Document Hold Notices, Records Cleanout, Inactive Records and Information Management, Vital Records and third party vendor if applicable.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
EDUCATION / JOB EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree (International Trade, Customs Administration, Law, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Commercial Relations) required.
· 4 – 6 years of experience in Customs Analyst/Supervisor/Specialist role or equivalent position.
· Green Belt Certification, preferred.
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bilingual: English/ Spanish
· GMP/ ISO knowledge
· Knowledge of U.S/Mexico Customs Laws and Regulations and Foreign Trade Practices.
· Green Belt Certification preferred
· Verbal and written communication proficiency..
· Judgment and decision making skills
· Sense of urgency
· Teamwork and collaboration
· Accuracy and thoroughness
· Ethics and Integrity
· Working knowledge of multiple Customs Control software.
· Fully proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Acrobat, Visio, etc.)
· Sitting at a computer
· Light office work
· Using the telephone
Global Leadership Profile Competencies:
Collaboration and Teaming ~ puts interests of enterprise above own; works well across functions and groups; builds teams effectively; inspires follower ship; instills a global mindset
Results and Performance Driven ~ assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions; willing to make tough calls; consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations; demonstrates a track record of people development; champions diversity; net exporter of successful talent
Prudent Risk-taking ~ inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience; courage to grab opportunities or shed non-viable businesses
Sense of Urgency ~ proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities; works to reduce “cycle” time; takes action when needed.
Organization: EES INDEPENDENCIA
México-Chihuahua-Ciudad Juárez-Durango 2751 Colonia Lote Bravo
E.E.S., S.A. de C.V. Mexico (8283)