Johnson & Johnson Careers
Contracts Senior Specialist
Requisition ID: 1905710595W
This individual will develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts. The types of contracts they will process, with appropriate supervision, include (but are not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
This role is responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature. As such, this role is responsible for performing the review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations on legal T&Cs, managing redlines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed. In case of required escalation to Law Department or other SMEs, this role will put together and discuss recommendations for resolution.
The Sr. Specialist will participate in decision making exercises as well as manage and prioritize a high volume of complex business matters in a highly matrixed and team oriented environment. They will also provide SME escalation support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams. This individual will demonstrate a sound understanding of the contract preparation, review and negotiation process. They will collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other support organizations in order to accomplish this task.
The Sr. Specialist will assist in establishing, maintaining, and training on processes for contract review and approval and other internal audit and HCC requirements. This individual may also assist in developing business strategic initiatives, implementing process improvements and identifying solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement, Contract Law, Finance or Commercial business
- At least 3 years experience in Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business is required
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and contract management certification is preferred.
- Experience in negotiating agreements with suppliers is required
- Contract formation, preparation, review and negotiation skills are required.
- The ability to interpret basic contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy is required.
- Skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required. PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others is required.
- A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers is required.
- The ability to coach and train others on contracting is required.
- The ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making with little input from manager is required.
J.C. General Services CVBA (U.S. $) (7552)