Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905710504W
To perform a wide variety of analytical testing and complex investigational work using well developed technical skills and a rigorous scientific approach. Responsibilities will be focused on analytical chemistry with experience in method development and method validation in support of the DePuy Synthes, Blackpool core products as well as new product development programs.
- To contribute to cross functional projects encompassing product design changes, compliance and vigilance investigations, stability studies or other relevant subjects.
- To perform a variety of laboratory testing including analytical, formulation, and mechanical-based methodologies.
- To generate high quality written work including maintaining an up to date lab book, writing protocols and reports, and managing raw data (recording, referencing and storing).
- To report the outcomes of all testing using appropriate formats and proactively present these to project leaders and managers along with scientific interpretations and recommendations for follow up work.
- To maintain the highest technical standards in laboratory areas, treating equipment with respect and ensuring maintenance, calibration, validation, HS&E and general housekeeping are maintained at all times.
- To proactively identify, develop and validate new methods and equipment as required for project delivery and core business improvement.
- To possess intimate hands-on knowledge of core business products including orthopaedic bone cements, drug-device combination products and bone substitutes testing and training. To maintain a high degree of laboratory presence to apply strong technical guidance and expertise.
- To develop a basic understanding of orthopaedic surgery/surgical techniques relating to the company’s products and marketing materials.
- To create project plans for assigned technical work programs and proactively to communicate these milestones and lead-times to the project leaders and managers.
- To manage personal workload and assist the wider group managing conflicts and bottlenecks.
- To co-ordinate external suppliers and partners and to develop commercial and technical
- To demonstrate a working knowledge of the orthopaedic landscape and keep up to date with industry news and trends.
- To be responsible for compliance of lab books, raw data and reports in accordance with all relevant procedures.
- To follow the Project Control and Design Control processes (applicable to both current and legacy products)
- To implement and adhere to all local, corporate and industry procedures relating to product development. For example risk management, FMEA, HS&E, COSHH/Chemical handling, regulatory, quality.
- To follow and promote company HS&E and quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain excellent results.
- To carry out such further tasks that may be delegated to me by my immediate manager.
- Market, Product, and Disease State Knowledge, with New Concept Development experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Polymer Science or related subject
Essential to demonstrate technical skills acquired in a relevant scientific role focussed on Analytical chemistry.
- Use of Microsoft office tools for communication and reporting
- To have the special aptitude for problem solving together with analytical skills.
- To have numerical reasoning, and verbal reasoning abilities
- Working knowledge of Design Controls procedures
- Greenbelt/Blackbelt in Process excellence/Experimental design
- Knowledge of Lean tools and methodologies
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)