Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sales Force Effectiveness Lead - MD, UK & IRL
Requisition ID: 1905710343W
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
The Sales Force Effectiveness Manager (SFE) will be responsible for the decisions, processes, systems and programmes associated with the performance of the sales team. This will enable the sales leaders to build a high-quality sales force, which is better equipped to meet our customer needs and can significantly increase the company revenue and profit.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Lead on the business planning process, system (OneForce) & execution
- Delivery of SFE training and support tools to the business
- Ownership of Franchise standards of performance (performance recipes); planning, measuring & reporting
- Lead on SFE segmentation targets for the business and track/report execution
- Ownership of SFE reporting to the business to drive an improvement in business results
- Manage a high performing SFE Team (direct or indirect reports) which is built upon agreed standards of performance
- Establish an agile, flexible and data driven culture within the team
- Provide analysis and metrics to track individual and team performance
- Benchmark our sales team’s performance to showcase best practice
- Develop and elevate a culture of flawless customer experience
- Ownership of the internal communication plan to maximise the business impact of the team’s activities
- Ownership and accountability for budget
- Deliver compliance to HCC and CREDO requirements
- Lead contact with EMEA & Global Centre of Excellence
- Owner of the five-year roadmap for SFE
- Management of relevant process mapping and implementation
- Support sales team deployment with data led analysis
- Support commercial education team with skills analysis data to build relevant training plans
- Lead on customer relationship management to maximise the effectiveness of our sales team engagement with customers
- Education Solutions & SFE Director
- SFE Centre of Excellence (EMEA & Global)
- Strategic Capabilities
- Commercial Excellence
- Leadership Team (Board & Leadership Council)
- Extended Leadership Team (RSMs & Platform Managers)
- Sales Team
- HCO/Business Compliance
- Human Resources
- Talent Acquisition
- Business planning experience to produce sales success
- Ability to train groups of professionals on a business planning process & system to deliver results
- Ability to analyse data to set benchmarks for the business
- Able to track & report execution of agreed benchmarks to the business
- Experience of managing a high performing team
- Experience of working with senior managers and the presentation of complex subjects to them
- Deliver supporting tools to the sales force to improve performance
- Experience in creating and executing on internal processes
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels of the business to create an effective change in behaviour
- Experience in effective budget management
- Demonstrate strategic thinking with examples of change management
- Ability to demonstrate a digital mindset with examples of customer impact
- Delivered on strategic projects/initiatives which have had a national impact
- Data mindset to improve performance
- Project management experience and able to achieve goals on time and within budget
- Experience and willingness to deal with complex situations, prepared to undertake trouble-shooting (devising short-term solutions, crisis management, pragmatic way of working), enjoyment of not always being able to predict situations for which detailed planning is impossible
- Good team player and ability to engage with people at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of working with multifunctional teams without the direct authority to issue instructions, able to engage with people, and achieve goals on time and within budget
- Willingness/ability to indirectly lead multifunctional teams and to look after several projects at the same time, with systematic setting of priorities and organization of resources
- Experience in handling uncertainty and complexity. Talent for problem-solving through analytical ability to draw evidence-based conclusions about the impact of market dynamics, customers and competitors on programs
- Ability to exert an effective influence at all levels of an organization and to convince others of ideas by understanding participants' wishes and dealing with them
- The ability to seize initiatives and introduce innovations to promote SFE. Creative, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Flexibility in the implementation of ideas through the effective nurturing of relationships and networks both within J&J by gaining their confidence and respect
- A diversity and inclusion mindset to support high performance
- Knowledge of the medical devices sector, J&J products and procedures as well as knowledge of finance, compliance and operating procedures at J&J
- Has taken on projects/initiatives to assist with their own personal development
- Demonstrated a cycle of success in their current role
Education & Experience Required:
- Degree or minimum equivalence through experience
- Successful experience in the Medical Device product environment
- Business planning experience to produce sales success
- Project management experience preferably
- Experience with digital technology and/or systems development
- Effectively utilising a CRM system
- Management of a high performing team
- Experience in training or coaching professionals
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team of professionals
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and across a matrix organization
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written
- Flexible and willing to travel frequently (40% of time).
- Experience in the field of Professional Education/Adult Education
- Good knowledge of PC/MS Office Skills
- Clean driving license
Key Compliance Requirements:
- Act as a role model for J&J Credo values at all times. Demonstrate honesty and ethical behavior in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with your detailed personal Health & Safety responsibilities as described in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- Adherence to UK Safe Fleet Policy.
- Adherence to Healthcare Compliance Policies.
- Adherence to all Company policies and necessary training and development requirements within required time frames.
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s product complaint process.
- Willingness to travel, and attend meetings as required.
In order to achieve our set goals & targets, we must all lead using our Leadership Imperatives and achieve our Leadership Performance Standards:
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
- CONNECT: Collaborate internally and externally in order to develop insights to drive innovation
- SHAPE: Driving meaningful innovation through our insights to meet unmet needs and generate value and solutions for our customers. In order to do this, we must be bold and courageous in challenging the status quo and adapting to change.
- LEAD: Everyone is a leader and is accountable for their own development and that of others. We must leverage diversity and ensure we have open and constructive conversations.
- DELIVER: Is “HOW” we accomplish our business results. We must focus on our ability to inspire and mobilize people; empowering them to act boldly with speed and agility, to do even more than they thought they could.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)