Johnson & Johnson Karrieren
Application Support Manager (m/f)
Requisition ID: 1905709960W
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently looking for an experienced Application Support Manager (m/w) in Ettlingen, Germany.
Johnson & Johnson’s Surgical Vision goal is to improve sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of cataract products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global Refractive (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a Consumer Eye Health diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The Application Support Manager will provide System Operator Training and application support for new refractive & cataract laser installations or upgrades, phaco systems and systems for evaluation and treatment of dry eye.
He/She will also provide optimization and problem-solving support for existing users, e.g.
sites experiencing sub-optimal clinical results. The Application Support Manager will also be responsible for demonstrating equipment at exhibitions and carrying out system demonstrations as directed by his/her manager(s). The role will involve significant travel (minimum 50%) within Europe.
- Provide on-site system operator training
- Provide on-site optimization training and follow-up
- Provide telephone support
- Demonstrate equipment at trade shows and other offsite events
- Provide Sales Training and/or demonstrate equipment for Sales Staff at discretion of manager
- Provide management information to manager(s) about current trends in the field
- Support local country activities (internal and external) at AMO´s Vision Experience Centre (customer trainings, wet labs)
- Provide booth support at major European congresses
- Provide sales training and/or demonstrate equipment to local commercial teams at discretion of manager
- Provide optimization and problem-solving support for existing users, e.g. at sites experiencing sub-optimal clinical results
- Support focus countries and projects at manager discretion
- At least 5 years of clinical and surgical ophthalmic background
- Min. 2-4 years application support experience in the area of refractive surgery, femtosecond lasers and cataract surgery
- Training and/or teaching experience preferred
- Fluent English and German required. Another European language is considered to be advantageous.
- Must possess and maintain extremely high and detailed knowledge of key products
- Must possess good communication skills towards decision makers
- Must possess strong presentation and customer service skills
- Must display excellent problem-solving skills
- Must display exceptional operating room etiquette
- Should be able to work independently
- Should possess good reporting and management communication skills
- Must be flexible towards management and customer needs with regard to work scheduling
- Willingness to travel frequently
This position is assigned to a non-tariff range.
This job is eligible for sales incentives.
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)