Johnson & Johnson Careers
Paralegal Swiss Campus
Requisition ID: 1905709073W
Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Cilag GmbH International is part of Johnson & Johnson, Family of Companies. Over the last years, several business units have been established within the legal entity of Cilag GmbH International, creating a diverse, international organization with over 950 employees.
Our legal department is looking for a
Paralegal - Swiss Campus support
The Paralegal / Swiss Campus support is a dedicated resource supporting the Swiss Campus with legal oriented tasks and reports directly to the Law Department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Know and adhere to the Johnson & Johnson Code of Business Conduct and all other requirements relevant to the role, and demonstrate behaviors consistent with Our Credo values.
- Responsible for corporate governance activities, including the support of drafting, finalizing and executing such documents, for the Zug based Legal entities and related branches.
- Conducts research and resolves legal questions about corporate law under the direction of an attorney.
- Drafts legal documents such as contracts, templates, correspondence and reports.
- Leading and coordinating legalization and other related matters.
- Legalization (notarization, apostille, embassies, Commercial Trade of Commerce) of corporate documents (including translations), including monitoring the entire process.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of the legal content on the intranet website and related applications.
- Support activities around general, HR and tax related projects including acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, and policies.
- Discrete handling of confidential information.
- Acting as business liaison between in-house counsel, outside counsel, and affiliate companies as needed.
- Propose new procedures and optimize and implement existing (corporate governance) procedures.
- Create and provide training on various corporate governance procedures and signature matrix.
- Actively participate in identifying best practices and supporting process improvement initiatives in a continued effort to streamline corporate governance related processes.
- Handling and manage outside counsel invoices and related matters.
- Manage and oversee the pending and threatening litigation for certain legal entities.
- Support of finalizing and executing legal documents.
- First point of contact for legal oriented mail (penalties, ‘Betreibungen’).
- Support of projects; such as policy harmonization (including verification of translations), etc.
- Organizes and maintains databases and files. Collects data and records as necessary.
- Provides ad-hoc support of the other members of the Law Department.
Education and Experience required:
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor degree or commercial education with work experience in a legal environment
- Required minimum working experience: 4-6 years.
- Experience in supporting corporate governance pursuant to Swiss law.
- Basis knowledge of general law and law practice.
- Relevant experience with Swiss regulations around legalization and related formalities.
- Strong team working skills - relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English and German).
- Be precise and willing to take ownership.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and take decisions to drive new thinking forward.
- Creative and pragmatic thinker
- Flexible mind-set and ability to adapt
- Proactive and constructive team player
We are offering you a multifaceted opportunity in a dynamic, international environment with attractive terms and career opportunities as well as a good infrastructure.
If you are interested in this exciting position, please apply online at www.careers.jnj.com(including application letter, CV and testimonials).
Cilag GmbH International (8525)