Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director - Regional Packaging SMP
Requisition ID: 1905708614W
The Global Package Development (GPD) mission is to be the best packaging organization in the consumer world providing winning packaging solutions at breakthrough speed. GPD is connected globally with more than 150 people around the globe who work to develop packaging of superior value that delights consumer and builds brand equity from the shopper’s first moment of truth to the consumer’s second moment of truth and after. The package development role is ideal for business leaders with passion for shaping strategies, technology development & bringing brand strategy to life with best in class implementation.
APAC is the fastest growing region in Global Consumer, with a complete portfolio of franchises & products with world class brands such as Listerine, Johnsons Baby, Clean & Clear, Aveeno, Neutrogena, Band Aid, Stayfree etc.
The Global packaging organization is structured as the NPD & the SMP Packaging organizations, with the SMP Packaging organization being the technology owners while focusing on life cycle management of in-market products. This is a leadership position that has accountability for the APAC SMP organization. With a team spread across key sites in APAC, the Associate Director will work closely with the APAC Global Packaging Director and with multi-functional partners in Supply Chain, namely manufacturing, Category & regional Sourcing, Engineering & customer logistics. In addition to the various Brand franchise leaders to define the organizational goals, cohesive strategies, implementation plans & measures.
While the Global Packaging organization is part of Global R&D, Packaging being a critical part of supply chain deliverables, this position is also a part of the APAC supply chain leadership team and provides the unique opportunity to have an end-to-end impact across brand owners all the way to shaping the regional supply chain strategy,
The APAC region consists of four large clusters spanning from India, all the way to the Pacific cluster consisting of ANZ, with key commercial & supply chain stakeholders as well as team members in these clusters. Hence, ability to manage a large & distributed team from the regional headquarters in Singapore is critical, and in this respect, history of managing large distributed teams will be taken into consideration.
- Directly manage a team responsible for effective execution of regional/ global programs in alignment with category strategies driven efficiently through the most efficient technologies using aligned work processes.
- Stakeholder management, work closely with Regional Director & stakeholders to ensure correct project definition, prioritization, alignment on outcomes & capacity planning. Ability to be on top on critical programs to ensure delivery as per plan. Ensure team is well represented in all discussions & supported to deliver desired outcomes. This will involve interfacing & coordinating with regional & global cross functional partners.
- Technical mastery on packaging is a must to interface with the cross functional stakeholders, having excellent communication skills is critical.
- Organization management, ensuring that the team has a clear line of sight towards their yearly business goals, organizational deliverables and development plans, through the HR work processes. Given the position is in Singapore, having a good feel of the organization’s pulse is a must.
- Work with global peers & leaders to ensure that the regional priorities are properly represented and clearly aligned with the global functional priorities, category plans.
- Keep abreast of latest packaging technologies with the intent of identifying implementation opportunities. Manage technical relationships with our packaging suppliers to ensure continuous value to J&J.
- As an industry expert, work with the team & internal stake holders on identifying & implementing industry best practices and work processes. Representing J&J in Industry forums from time to time, as required.
The Associate Director possesses a Masters Degree or equivalent in packaging development or Engineering, and has 13+ years of experience in leading Consumer Packaged goods, food or pharma Industry. Has exposure to different packaging technologies, packaging work processes, packaging suppliers and awareness of latest advances in the field of packaging.
- Ability to influence in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to rapidly connect carious points of information and develop cohesive execution strategies to drive outcomes.
- Ability to develop & implement best practices & improvement in existing work flows.
- Ability to easily navigate between strategy & tactics.
- Project/ Process management and development.
- Deep technical mastery in packaging.
- Customer/ Supplier management.
- Ability to drive decision making by organizing information and presenting it to various stakeholders in a simplistic manner.
- Ability to lead a group of technical resources to deliver against as wide range of objectives. To be able to synergize between workstreams & optimize resource utilization vs goals.
- External: Daily interactions with new & existing technology vendors and service providers.
- Internal: Daily interactions with R&D, Supply chain, Sourcing, Engineering, Q&C, Sales/Mktg, Tech Ops, Finance and Planning
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)