Johnson & Johnson Careers
J&J PLANT- Head of LOGISTICS & WAREHOUSE
Requisition ID: 1905708606W
& Johnson is an American multinational company founded in 1886, a world
leader in the development of products and devices for surgical therapies and
pharmaceutical companies, as well as in the marketing of consumer products for
personal hygiene, and is organized into three business segments:
Pharmaceutical, Medical & Diagnostic, Consumer.
Every day more than 120,000 employees work in 250 companies of the Group, located in 60 countries.
In Italy there are all the three sectors, each of which represents one of the segments mentioned above:
- Janssen SpA (Pharmaceutical Sector):
Marketing Company: Milan
Plant: Borgo San Michele (Latina)
- Johnson & Johnson SpA (Consumer Sector):
Marketing Company and Plant: Santa Palomba (Rome)
- Johnson & Johnson Medical SpA (Medical Sector):
Marketing Company: Pratica di Mare (Rome).
For our consumer segment, Johnson&Johnson S.p.A, we are looking for a candidate to be hired as HEAD OF LOGISTICS & WAREHOUSE.
This role is based in our office located in Santa Palomba - Pomezia (Rome) Italy.
The Head of Logistics & Warehouse is a key, strategic role in driving efficiencies in Operations through operational excellence and continuous improvement through rigor and innovation, while proactively striving for a benchmark safety culture.
The incumbent oversees daily materials management activities, which include the receiving of materials, the warehousing control operations, the on-site logistics and the shipment of finished goods.
He/she sits on the Site Leadership Team and helps shape strategies for site long-term growth, beyond the current function and is open to further development in Operations.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the Raw and Packaging of the sizable and complex materials receiving and on-site distribution operations as well as shipment of finished goods. Manages and improves the delivery scheme and the truck management system.
- Ensuring respect of all applicable Italian Authorities Regulations & Guidelines as well as all applicable J&J standards.
- Development and implementation of material management and on-site distribution policies, standards, guidelines, technology and procedures.
- Ensures the facilities under his/her responsibility are kept operational and in a good state of repair.
- Promotes safety, quality and asset care culture and respect of all relevant processes and procedures: Gears the organization towards serving the customer.
- Support trade customization and co-packing activities to deliver E2E improvements.
- Keeps track of inventories (raw materials, intermediates and finished products and proactively manages changes in delivering patterns. In charge of the annual stock taking.
- Manages budget for warehousing and logistics according to agreed targets. Establishes business unit strategies and sets priorities to achieve goals and objectives within the logistics domain.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and qualifications:
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMMUNICATION SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a minimum 8-10 years of business experience.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge/experience of Manufacturing and/or Material Handling in FMCG in environment of similar complexity.
- Experience with driving Culture and Change Management across a large organization.
- Provides an optimistic viewpoint and eager to drive change to the status quo.
- Master’s degree in Engineering required.
- Proficient Italian and English
- Results driven – drives a culture of achievement and outstanding performance
- Transformational Leadership/Change Management - Fosters an agile business climate that readily adapts to evolving business needs. : Promotes a working environment that challenges the status quo. Leads and adapts to change, creating a positive culture
- Risk management strategies in to the day to day activities.
- Collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Customs Authorities. Works across boundaries to deliver end-to-end goals.
- Business ethics with adequate escalation of critical compliance issues. Proactively identifies and escalates concerns in a timely manner, advising solutions.
- Talent - Provide strategic leadership, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports and extended members of his/her team. Attract, develop, and lead a high performing, global, and diverse team
- Innovation - Ability to take a broad perspective to help anticipate internal and external opportunities and challenges. Uses creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and applies new solutions to problems.
- Independence/Autonomy - Operates with minimal guidance from supervisor and is proactive in the setting of priorities to achieve site objectives.
- Reports directly to the Pomezia - Italy Site Leader.
Italy-Lazio-Pomezia (Santa Palomba)-
Johnson & Johnson S.p.A. (7170)
Materials Management & Distribution