Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Water/Formulations Process Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905708550W
Position Title: Senior Water/Formulations Process Engineer
Report to: Operations Services Manufacturing Manager
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Reporting directly to the Ops Services Manufacturing Manager and working closely with Operations/Line Management, Engineering, Quality, EHS&S and Planning, this role supports all Value Streams in achieving safety, quality and manufacturing requirements. The Water/Formulations Process Engineer is the SME and responsible for the Water Room and Formulations activities to ensure adequate supply of DI Water and Formulations to Production and future capacity. In addition, the Water/Formulations Process Engineer has accountability for base business, Combination Product water room and new product projects. Performs a variety of engineering functions of varying scope involving the troubleshooting, installation of new equipment, processes or facilities related to the Water and Formulations Room and manufacturing lines.
Main areas of responsibility:
· As the SME liease with and support the water room and formulation teams on a daily basis.
· Accountable for Water and Formulation Room service KPIs including servicing all Value Streams in close co-operation with Quality, Engineering and Facilities, to support the manufacture of contact lenses according to global planning requirements.
· Accountable for all quality and compliance KPIs and improvement plans associated with Water and Formulations Room activities including audit suport, non-conformances and CAPAs.
· Responsible for all Health and Safety and Environmental projects and metrics associated with Water and Formulations activities.
· Development of strategic vision, best practices and Standard Operating Procedures that maximize quality of output, chemical and energy efficiency and support the adoption of new processes.
· Identify and lead year on year efficiency improvement, cost reduction and activity reduction projects for Water and Formulations Rooms. Work with cross functional teams to develop and implement process improvements and projects in line with strategic site goals and objectives associated with the water room (includes requisitions and purchasing).
Education & Experience
· Degree in Marine/Mechanical/Industrial Chemistry/Process Engineering or equivalent.
· >5 years experience in a similar role in water management.
· Proven track record in project management skills, installing new projects in a manufacturing plant.
· Knowledge of DI Water generation, distribution and specifications.
· Knowledge of USP Standards.
· Experience with GMP Formulations process’ in a Medical Device or Pharmaceutical setting.
· Understanding of GMP, commissioning and validation activities.
· Strong people and project management skills and can manage multiple vendors and contractors.
· Structured approach to projects, operation/capacity optimization, failure analysis and problem solving.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)