Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Lead, Release Train Engineer
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 1871180912
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services Supply Chain is recruiting for a IT Lead, Release Train Engineer located in Bridgewater, New Jersey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Technology Services IT Lead, Release Train Engineer will be responsible for the planning, coordination, scheduling and execution of Platform Releases. In addition, the Release Train Engineer will be responsible for protecting the integrity of existing services by ensuring regression testing criteria is successfully met prior to deployment of software releases. This role requires a combination of business process and technology expertise. This role will report directly to the Global ERP Platform Management Service Owner.
• Leads the Release planning, coordination, execution, and release review processes utilizing planning and collaboration knowledge and skills, while following approved J&J standard policies and procedures (e.g. SDLC, Agile, IAPP, etc.).
• Understands the full project life-cycle inclusive of Change Management and its effects/relationship to Release Management.
• Leads release planning and management reviews. Participates in cross-functional and cross platform release planning and management reviews with peers.
• Helps facilitate the collection and reporting of metrics and performs continuous assessment of metrics to validate results and understand trends to identify potential improvement areas
• Creation/Management of Platform Release Calendar and leads reviews to facilitate platform level planning across multiple scrum teams, releases, and platform maintenance activities.
• Interact with cross functional teams, including ADEPT services, to ensure complete delivery of solutions.
• Ensures Release/Sprint planning and execution, cadence and ceremonies across Capacity and Scrum teams adopt and align to J&J methodology by coaching and performing regular audits. Provide coaching on opportunities to improve the process.
• Performs intake manager role for estimations that consist of changes across multiple functional services.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of related work experience is required.
• Experience in large enterprises is preferred.
• Strong background in software development and Agile/Waterfall techniques so that he/she can manage, and mentor junior engineers working on solution delivery and facilitate scope and work estimation is required.
• Strong understanding of SAP Technologies and Platforms is required.
• Experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other MS office tools is required.
• Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to management effectively is required.
• Ability to define, shape, and drive projects to completion while effectively collaborating strategically with others (project teams, services, partner organizations) with little supervision is required.
• Experience working with following tools: JIRA, HPALM is preferred.
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 15% is required.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)