Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Electro-Mechanical (EM) Engineer
Requisition ID: 1865180520
Ethicon Inc. a member of Johnson & Johnson’s OneMD sector, is recruiting for a Senior Electro-Mechanical (EM) Engineer. This engineer will join a team of engineers dedicated to leading EM development and qualification activities for New Products Development (NPD) in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Senior Engineer will:
- Lead EM components development and qualification activities within NPD projects.
- Operate in a matrixed organization and partner with NPD teams to insure the product design incorporates good DFM/A principals.
- Work with our Supply Base to provide electro-mechanical components and sub-assemblies that meet established cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Work with cross functional research and development teams, internal and external business partners.
- Provide project planning, design support, process development knowledge, and qualification / validation / stabilization execution.
- Utilize their prior work experience, Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques, Lean Six Sigma process knowledge, and the Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) tool to drive the product design to its most efficient outcome.
- Work with EM manufacturing processes that could possibly include: Box build, SMT, BGA/PGA, device packaging, micro-electronics, motors, gearboxes, wire harnesses, power supplies, LCD displays, PCBA's, rigid/flex circuits, EPROM's, ASIC’s, motors, gearboxes, transduces, software validation, HiPot testing and in-circuit testing.
- A Bachelor’s degree with an Engineering focus is required.
- A minimum of (5) years of work experience in manufacturing process development or operations is required.
- Work in an Electro Mechanical manufacturing environment required.
- Competent working knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies, statistical techniques is preferred.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is required.
- Knowledge of ISO and cGMP regulations is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with RoHS, UL and IEC 60601 product safety and EMC requirements are preferred.
- Experience working with in-process and finished good test equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of IPC acceptance, workmanship, ESD and EMI controls is preferred.
- Experience in the development of Medical devices is preferred.
- This position may require up to 30% travel and located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)