Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel, Supply Chain Transactions
Requisition ID: 1859190104
We are seeking a qualified Senior Legal Counsel to join the Business Development Legal Group to work in the area of supply chain transactions for Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices Sector. The responsibilities of this position would involve partnering with supply chain and business development colleagues on a broad range of strategic transactions, including outsourcings, sales of facilities, acquisitions of plants or manufacturing technologies and other forms of strategic alliances with suppliers. In particular, the position would include responsibility for legal matters relating to J&J’s ongoing strategic alliance with Jabil Corporation. Secondary responsibilities would include supporting supply chain specific aspects of J&J’s acquisitions and divestitures, such as participation in due diligence and negotiation of transition manufacturing agreements. The position would work closely with senior supply chain management and would play a role in training and establishing best practices for supply chain deal activity.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The position would involve working in a multi-cultural environment and in close connection with other Johnson & Johnson colleagues worldwide. The position would be located at Johnson & Johnson’s New Brunswick, New Jersey World Headquarters, and would require moderate travel based on the requirements of the transactions.
- JD degree from nationally recognized university, with all bar admissions in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience at a top-tier, major market law firm, or in-house legal department of a leading multinational corporation is required.
- Significant prior experience with the types of supply chain transactions described above, with a preference for experience with healthcare specific deals is required.
- Familiarity with the types of supply chain transactions described above, including an understanding of the market for deal terms in such transactions is required.
- Superior ability to analyze, structure and negotiate all elements of the transactions described above and strong drafting skills is required.
- Strong communication skills and comfort with counseling senior executives is required.
- Excellent collaborative skills, including the ability to coordinate with both J&J attorneys, external counsel, business leaders and other advisors and provide strong ethical leadership is required.
- A positive attitude and the skills to work across business functions and cultures with teams located in multiple time zones and to act independently in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Ability for moderate travel within the U.S. and occasionally outside the U.S. is required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)