Johnson & Johnson Careers
2019 Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Co-Op Southeast
Requisition ID: 1854180802
The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
The Co-op employee in our Supply Chain at Johnson & Johnson could work in a variety of functional areas and roles across the supply chain organization including but not limited to the following:
- Planning Analysts
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Regulatory Compliance/Quality Engineers
- Program Management Office Associates
- Associate Engineers
- Associate Facilitators
- Project Engineers
- Operations Associates
- Supply Chain Associates
Process Excellence Engineer Co-op:
- Performs Engineering projects and other work in support of the manufacturing
- Project and other departmental support accomplished via technical skills, management skills, and communication to accomplish project analysis, experimental work, troubleshooting, documentation, project coordination and management
- Support Process Excellence by performing engineering investigations, performing or overseeing projects or segments of projects in assessment, design, engineering, implementation, validation and documentation.
Distribution Supply Chain Co-op:
- This position will help drive continuous improvement behind Lean/Six Sigma projects, cost improvement projects, critical supply inventory tracking, and operations metrics tracking on a site,regional, and global level
- Assist in performing analysis of the movement of people, processes, and products, throughout the distribution center, monitor current processes, identify and analyze gaps, and develop process improvements
- You will work with MARC Warehouse Management System to evaluate volume and impact on distribution activities on both a macro and micro level
Operations Engineering Co-op:
Gather and interpret process data to implement improvements in cycle time, yield, or quality
Participate or conduct in troubleshooting efforts by analysis and correction of both chemical and mechanical operating problems to maintain or improve existing site operations
Prepare and present oral and written reports, as needed, to technical and non-technical personnel
Maintain process surveillance programs on issues such as process control, yields, cycle times, quality, and change over
These Co-op roles are filled based on individual company and business needs in all 3 of our sectors, and at the corporate / enterprise level at locations across the country including:
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company
- Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- J&J Customer Logistics Services
- Johnson & Johnson Sales and Logistics Company
Based on location of assignment, Johnson & Johnson offers housing assistance to Co-op’s who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site location, or a stipend payment for candidates to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student’s responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
A qualified candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred
- Candidate must be actively enrolled pursuing a Bachelors or degree ( but not necessarily taking classes)
- Basic proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from work on a daily basis for the duration of the co-op.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to:
- Supply Chain Management
- Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Process/Project & Electronic)
- Management Information Systems
- Engineering Technology
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- GA (Athens, Cornelia)
- Jacksonville, FL
- Memphis, TN
- Shepherdsville, KY
Ethicon Inc. (6045)