Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1853180911
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Engineer, located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Staff Engineer will be responsible for managing and delivering engineering projects from concept to post implementation including developing project scope, user requirements, appropriation requests, time-lines and budgets, qualification plans, approving equipment specifications and documentation to meet current company, corporate and government requirements.
- Will provide technical leadership and engineering support to the manufacturing plant.
- Manage the purchase, installation and start-up of equipment and system including adherence to compliance, cost and time schedule requirements.
- Manages all tasks based on the responsibilities for project phases (Concept, Planning, Design, Implementation and Post-Implementation). This person will also manage the project implementation team including external consultants and contractors. Accountable for achievement of project milestones.
- Provide technical support for engineering projects including system design and development, capital project execution, manufacturing technical support, new product introduction and process improvement initiatives with responsibility for assisting with project execution and site stakeholder alignment.
- Manages, plans and executes engineering assignments generally involving complex projects.
- Performs complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques.
- Tracks and trends data, identifies and implements process improvements to improve business measures. Optimizes current processes and manufacturing equipment to provide measurable improvements in step change, productivity, quality, cost, and safety results.
- Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction, goals and objectives.
- Prepares or approves technical memos, reports, analyzes and summarizes data, and recommends conclusions based on engineering/technical rationale. Reviews and approves reports and confirms conclusions are based on engineering/technical rationale.
- Responsible for the technical support for manufacturing trouble shooting and quality investigations. Participates in development of short and long-term solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Conducts interdependent partnering with cross-functional peer group and management.
- Leads a technical team or primary technical lead on cross functional teams. Ability to lead and coordinate project activities, resources, etc.
- Assist with Reviews of Computer System Validation documentation such as plans, protocols and reports as required.
- Develops, delivers and maintains engineering project schedules, resources and budgets for assigned projects to meet project objectives on time and within budget.
- Prepares and leads review of project proposals, charters, project updates for assigned projects for management.
- Independently manages projects from concept to post implementation for complex projects. Demonstrates the methodology to solve problems independently.
- Provides technical direction to external resources (e.g. designers, suppliers, contractors, consultants)
- Effectively influence people, multiple projects and tasks of various complexities.
- Serve as technical subject matter expert regarding changes/improvements/CIPs and sustainability.
- May provide direction and mentorship to Co-ops and entry level engineers.
- Maintains training proficiency on cGMPs, SOP’s, testing procedures, and data analysis as required
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or other engineering disciplines is required.
- A minimum of Six (6) Years of relevant engineering, technical, and/or operations experience is required
- Experience with a pharmaceutical or consumer products company is preferred
- Knowledge of cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices is required
- Experience working in FDA/cGMP compliance environment is preferred.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the position including: office deskwork requiring sitting, walking, using phone & computer, and may lift up to 30lbs occasionally.
- Prior engineering experience is required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office is required.
- Project Management Skills are required
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black certification preferred.
- This position is located in Fort Washington, PA & requires up to 10% domestic and international travel.
- Requires the ability to flexibly work any assigned shift (1st, 2nd or 3rd), and must be willing to work overtime according to business needs.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)