Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Inspector - 2nd Shift
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 1835180911
DePuy Synthes part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Inspector - 2nd Shift located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Inspector will perform basic visual, mechanical, chemical and dimensional inspection of product and materials for conformance to specifications.
• Inspect for visual, mechanical, and dimensional characteristics using inspection sheets and applicable sampling plans for:
o supplier purchased product
o in-process product
o final product
o manufacturing materials
o packaging materials
o labeling materials
• Prepare necessary documentation and ensure paperwork compliance on all inspected items.
• Assist in identification and segregation of non-conforming materials / products.
• Work from inspection documentation, specifications, blue prints, written and verbal instruction.
• Performs “Roving Auditor” function involving inspection of the process and product in all Manufacturing Cells.
• Communicate issues arising from daily inspections that should be reviewed by a supervisor or engineer
• Performs other related duties, as required.
• Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Diligently participate in compliance program-related activities as denoted by the supervisor or the Chief Compliance Officer.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Experience utilizing inspection techniques is desired, preferably in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Experience with measuring instruments in Quality Assurance such as micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, thread gages and microscopes is preferred.
• Experience with the interpretation of engineering drawings, preferred.
• Good math skills are required.
• Experience with Microsoft PC applications, preferred.
• Experience with MRP / ERP systems, preferred.
• 20/30 vision using both eyes with the ability to perform color verification.
• Lifting weight up to 20 pounds on regular basis and up to 50 pounds on occasional basis is required.
• Must be able to stand for scheduled work hours if necessary.
• High level of concentration and attention to detail required ensuring products manufactured, labeled, and packaged according to internal quality requirements is required.
• This position is located in West Chester, PA and requires a daily commute for the 2nd shift working hours of Monday - Friday from 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM with overtime and weekends as needed.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)