Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1831190807
Neutrogena, Part of the Johnson and Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Raw Materials Sampler (1st Shift, a 5:45am-2:00pm M-F) to be located in Los Angeles CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as Neutrogena®, AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR® Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Raw Materials Sampler will comply with Neutrogena’s policies, procedures, and quality standards, as well as safety and environmental regulations. Sample, identify and document incoming chemical raw materials. Submit the raw material samples to the designated labs. Work overtime as required by the operations schedule. Other responsibilities include:
- Solicit and apply feedback from internal and external customers; Understand customers’ current and future expectations; Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Develop and champion unique ideas and solutions; Find new ways to use technology more effectively; Promote continuous learning.
- Contribute to a productive and cooperative atmosphere; Show commitment to team objectives; Contribute own fair share of effort.
- Competently handle day-to-day work challenges; Thrive in uncertain circumstances; Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage multiple tasks and competing demands; Change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Function as both team player and leader; Provide informal feedback; Challenge the status quo; Strive for continuous professional development; Recognize the contributions of others; Set and achieve challenging goals.
- Speak clearly and concisely; Listen carefully and seek clarification; Deliver effective presentations.
- Write clearly and informatively; Create documents that are complete and accurate.
- Strive to attain quality results on time; Convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure; Earn a reputation for reliability and dependability.
- Make timely and sound decisions; Take risks and manage them intelligently.
- Proactively seek solutions; Gather and analyze information systematically; Develop alternative solutions; Think analytically and act decisively.
- Respond with sensitivity to people of diverse perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, lifestyles and ages; Foster open communication and respect for the individual.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice; Adequately document results and observations.
- This position requires a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 1 year of relative work experience is required
- Must be able to work 1st shift (5:45am-2:00pm M-F)
- Prior Experience working with Chemicals in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Prior experience with SAP is preferred
- Must have experience working with copy machines, fax machines, calculators, personal computers and computer terminals, peristaltic pump, autoclave and Luminometer.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals is required.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence is required.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization is required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required.
- Ability to compute rate, square root, average, range, mean, minimum, maximum, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs is required.
- The employee must occasionally shift and/or rearrange 200-pound drums and frequently lift up to 50-pound boxes and bags.
United States-California-Los Angeles-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)