Johnson & Johnson Careers
Polymer Research Fellow
Requisition ID: 1829180518
DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson Family Company, is recruiting for a Polymer Research Fellow, Front End Research, to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Thriving on a diverse
company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to
inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Director, Materials Research, the Polymer Research Fellow, Front End Research will lead the development and implementation of a polymer research strategy that supports the DePuy Synthes Franchise requirements, current and future. They will drive the polymer research strategy for DePuy Synthes and provide overall coordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice leadership and will leverage J&J’s position in the industry
The Polymer Research Fellow will be a key leader within the Front-End Research team. The leader is expected to provide a practical and intellectual understanding of the global J&J plastics materials space, inclusive of available and emerging technologies to provide a strong combination of strategic vision and hands-on leadership in support of New Product Introduction and Development.
- Active engagement in technology and research pipeline to sustain New Product Development.
- Demonstrate active scientific engagement and establish successful collaborations and partnerships within the Enterprise and external research institutions.
- Function as a thought leader in generating and sustaining intellectual property estate.
- Leadership in taking technology from laboratory benchtop to commercialization.
- Principal technical lead in securing regulatory clearance for medical device approvals with global authorities.
- Consolidate existing polymer material portfolio for efficient product delivery.
- Drive material selection and development aligned with regional/global regulatory and environmental requirements.
- Lead the development and communication of a “resin” technology roadmap to Developers and Manufacturers; representing our future needs and requirements.
- Develop and implement strong relationships with internal stakeholders to establish and manage partnerships and to positively contribute to the efficiency R&D objectives.
- Participate in industry research and market analysis to stay current with best in class technologies, materials and manufacturing techniques.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree is required. A PhD is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in polymer science, material science, or a related scientific function is required
- Expert in polymer science, material selection, optimization and application, material database creation and support, complex problem solver is required
- Technical project management, project management skills, and the ability to ensure timely delivery of materials and technologies are preferred
- Experience in a regulated development environment is required
- Experience in a medical device development including interpreting regional regulatory is preferred
- Leader in area of Materials and Specifications interpretation and the creation of new requirements is required
- Expert in translating material physical properties to end use applications is required
- Possess a clear mastery of theoretical and practical fundamentals and experimental engineering techniques is required
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and influence Research, Engineering and Technical groups and thought leaders is required
- Ability to be a technical expert in the field, providing guidance, advice, and assistance to individuals and/or key stakeholders is required
- This position will be located in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 25% travel
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)