Johnson & Johnson Careers
R&D Laboratory Manager
Requisition ID: 1827190411
Ethicon Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a R&D Laboratory Manager located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
The R&D Laboratory (RDL) Manager will lead the activities of Test Engineers engaged in New Product Development (NPD) and Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) test system creation and design verification.
- Providing management & administrative direction to R&D Lab personnel to ensure the highest levels of internal customer service are maintained.
- Ensuring technical resources & expertise are available to support testing, advanced analysis, and strategic needs of product development.
- Manage and develop RDL personnel, determining staffing needs, hiring to fill approved requisitions, assuring compliance with company policies and associate training
- Meet with engineering leaders to assess their needs, plan resource requirements and determine how RDL can support their projects
- Update departmental budget and capital planning documentation and ensure revised budgetary needs are identified to management
- Establish and administer departmental work instructions
- Ensure departmental compliance with company policies and business practices including FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulations pertinent to lab operation
- Engage as a member of the R&D leadership team driving continuous improvement and business growth
- Ensure resources and expertise are available to support other J&J business units when requested
- Ensure resources and expertise are available to support testing of Product Inquiries, failure investigations and production line issues.
- Provide oversight of the metrology and calibration operations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or related discipline, required.
- A minimum 6 years of applicable work experience in a highly regulated industry, required.
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts and the new product / technology development process
- Experience managing technical people, preferred.
- Able to understand the testing process including fixtures, test equipment, data capture, data analysis and implications to design verification.
- Working knowledge of metrology and calibration.
- Excellent organizational abilities, interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a technical work team.
- Demonstrated technical writing & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage capital and expense budgets effectively.
- Personal computer software – Windows: word processing, project planning, presentation, e-mail & spreadsheet software
- This position is located in Cincinnati, OH and could require 10% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)