Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Data Sciences
Requisition ID: 1820180522
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Data Sciences to be based in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Data Sciences is an important, integral part of the transformation within J&J Enterprise Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for analyzing commercial outcomes and providing insights throughout the product lifecycle across marketing and sales functions (including pricing analytics, market mix modeling, trade promotions, revenue growth management, customer experience improvement, business development and other initiatives.). This individual will be responsible for developing analytical prototypes and scalable analytical “solutions” to provide competitive advantage to J&J in the Eye Health space – and will be a part of a dynamic and growing team.
This role will also be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary and learning and deploying leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs to drive results and identify opportunities. This individual will drive business impact by solving unique problems through keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization. This individual will also partner with assigned value chain, marketing, sales and technology core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, develop analytical models, share insights and influence decision making.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Understanding the business opportunities within and beyond individual franchises to enable profitable growth
• Developing the analytical solutions to address the opportunities – and partnering with business and technology to deploy the solution to achieve impact
• Independently hypothesizing, designing and executing projects or analyses in the delivery of data-driven projects that have a direct and significant impact on business results.
• Working with technology partners to integrate information and solution into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way
• Being a change agent- continuing to be on the leading edge of the analytical capabilities outside of J&J – building capability within the organization
• Provide thought leadership by researching best practices and collaborating with external organizations and external partners.
Candidates should possess:
• Advanced analytical skills to master complex optimization techniques using machine learning, artificial intelligences, and/or data integration, engineering and natural language processing based methods.
• Strong business acumen to understand functional domains, and understand how decisions impact the different parts of our commercial organization.
• Strong understanding and hands-on experience in data engineering and Machine Learning algorithms such as decision trees, neural networks, clustering, regression, Bayesian models using open source scripting language across different machine learning platforms.
• Proven ability to understand massive disparate data sets and transform the information into clear insights for the business.
• Strong communication and influence skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to stakeholders.
• Strong focus on B2C customer analytics, including customer satisfaction, opportunity analysis, customer journey to drive individualized customer engagement and outstanding outcomes.
• Master’s in STEM or related discipline, e.g. statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics and 5 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field (Data analyst or Scientist), OR Ph.D. in STEM related field and 2 years of experience is required.
• Strong demonstrated understanding of machine learning methods and applied statistical packages as applied to data analysis within open source scripting languages (e.g. R, Python) is required.
• Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as R, Python, HTML5, etc. is required; background in programming in C, C++, Java is preferred.
• Significant exposure to optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability in ingesting, cleansing and contextualizing data through advanced data engineering approach is preferred.
• Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data analysis workflows is required; strong preference for information integration across different sources (e.g. structured data, text, image) is required.
• Demonstrated skills in building scalable prototypes is required; demonstrated capability in building scalable analytical solutions is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in business applications of distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce, HIVE, HADOOP) is strongly preferred; experience on ML algorithms on platforms like MS-AZURE, AML is strongly preferred.
• Proven communication and influence skills are required.
• Strong working knowledge of the commercial insights associated with the product and brand lifecycle is strongly preferred.
• Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
• This position is located in Jacksonville, FL and may require up to 30% domestic and/or international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)