Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineer II
Requisition ID: 1816190103
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking Process Engineer II to be located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The role is to provide engineering support for manufacturing operations based within the value streams. The role requires technical ownership to be taken for a number of process steps and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost.
The role will also require a focus on process stability which will involve managing CAPA and CIP projects. As process owner the role will involve collaborating with a number of functional groups delivering projects in the value stream such as NPI and Manufacturing Engineering as well as with suppliers and other sister sites running similar processes.
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Elimination of safety and quality risks in the process through the delivery of robust engineering solutions.
- Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and outside vendors.
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Preparation of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Actively promote a safety culture.
- Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
- Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s.
- Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions.
- Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- You will lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
- Actively interface with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating and project requirements.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioral Standards based culture within the Engineering team.
- Work with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience is required.
- Experience with Test Method Validations, Process Validations is preferred.
- Experience in special processes and testing is preferred.
- Experience with Clean lines or Packaging is preferred.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc. is preferred.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions is required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions is required.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required.
- Good Problem-Solving skills and excellent planning & organization skills with an attention for detail required.
- This position will be based in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 5% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)