Johnson & Johnson Careers
Clinical Account Specialist – Columbus, OH - Biosense Webster
Requisition ID: 1814190103
Biosense Webster, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Clinical Account Specialist to support the Columbus, OH territory.
Atrial fibrillation (AFIB) is a quivering or irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) that can lead to blood clots, stroke, heart failure and other heart-related complications. 20 million people around the world suffer from AFIB each year. Biosense Webster, Inc. is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders. The company established its leadership in electrophysiology with the development of the first real-time, 3D cardiac mapping and navigation technology, as well as the first electrophysiology catheter. The introduction of the company’s CARTO® 3 System in 2009 revolutionized 3D mapping technology by increasing the accuracy, speed, and efficiency of the cardiac ablation procedure.
As the Clinical Account Specialist, you will:
• Provide expert clinical product and technical assistance and training to physicians and EP Lab Staff on the effective use of BWI’s systems and catheter equipment (e.g., The CARTO® System and associated software modules and RF generator) during case procedures within an assigned geography, and in a manner that leads to meeting and exceeding business goals.
• Educate customers on all BWI products to optimize effective usage by providing technical and clinical information and in-service trainings.
• Collaborate with peers to share best practices to increase value for customers.
• Use consultative selling techniques to identify potential sales opportunities within the account.
• Creates awareness of BWI solutions and facilitates Territory Sales Manager (TM) contact with the key decision makers to drive incremental business.
• Maximize customer case support capability through proper planning and scheduling techniques.
• Drive collaboration and maintain consistent, open lines of communication across the assigned responsibilities with the local team/Pod (i.e. TM and other CAS), as well as the support team (i.e. Ultrasound CAS, FSE, RBD) and other internal and external partners.
• Develop and share best practices with US Field Sales and Service colleagues and internal partners.
• Develop and grow mutually beneficial customer relationships within and beyond the EP lab, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and technicians, clinical and hospital administrators and staff.
• Stay current on company products instructions for use (IFU), best practices and technical troubleshooting, as well as relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
• Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment.
• Maintain composure and problem solving focus during stressful interactions.
• Engage in diagnostic dialogue with multiple internal and external business partners and stakeholders, and formulate solutions based on dialogue and input gained during session.
• Provide mentoring for new BWI commercial team members as requested.
• Respond daily to requests by email and voicemail from customers, practitioners and partners.
• Perform administrative work, including managing account documentation, compliance training requirements, expense reporting, and Company system input.
• Maintain Safe Fleet standards according to Company guidelines.
• Communicate business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
• Ensure subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
• Ensure personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Perform other duties assigned as needed.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or 4 years of relevant professional work/military experience
• A minimum of 2 years of clinical or technical work experience in a patient care or hospital environment, or completion of the Company’s ACAS program
• A valid Driver’s License
• Will be required to maintain advanced clinical knowledge of cardiac ablation and cardio imaging, technical knowledge of EP technology, advancements, and the business landscape.
• Maintain clinical knowledge of healthcare industry, disease states, and therapeutic and institutional trends.
• The ability to travel related to this role is required. Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% overnight locally, regionally, and nationally, sometimes on short notice.
• Position requires sitting for extended periods of time, working in a hospital laboratory setting, attending live patient cases, and wearing protective gear (i.e. lead aprons), and willing to work variable hours to meet patient needs
• May be required to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Electrophysiology/Cath Lab or EP/Cardiovascular Device Industry experience. • Maintaining at least one of the following industry certifications – CEPS (IBHRE), RCES/RCIS
• Experience working with highly complex technical systems and/or working in a critical patient care setting.
• Effective and timely communicator with co-workers and all levels of patient care team.
• Self-starter who performs well with autonomy and can be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
• Problem solver who can think critically in high pressure environments.
• Receptive to constructive feedback and collaborates and works well in team environment.
• Able to take large amounts of data and translate information into actionable insights
• Hunger for learning and building new skills
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)