Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr Manager, GSI Surgical Vision
Requisition ID: 1813180829
- Develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans to identify knowledge gaps, prioritize and address key business issues to develop Growth Strategy for IOLs & Refractive teams to guide strategic direction globally based on comprehensive understanding of professionals, customers, patients and market place dynamics.
- Lead a Team of Insight leaders that act as internal consultants and thought leaders across the Surgical Vision Organization with sound commercial recommendations to move the business forward. Proactively provide integrated analyses across all primary research for internal stakeholders including the Global Brand Management team, Regional Marketing Organizations as well as the I&P and R&D teams to develop Strategic Growth plans for the Surgical Vision Team.
- Build a comprehensive plan to drive the learning agenda for the Surgical Vision Team
- Assess current knowledge estate across the Surgical Vision franchise to identify key knowledge gaps.
- Build a learning plan in collaboration with the Marketing and R&D teams.
- Execute the learning plan and build a patient centric & insights led culture across the franchise.
- Assesses business issues by effectively integrating primary information with other sources: insights, macro trends, behavioral, attitudinal, healthcare trends, understanding all stakeholders - Doctors, Staff, Hospital systems, Payers, etc.
- Identifies primary research needs, designs research to address key business questions/issues, and leads research projects though execution and analysis.
- Prepares and gives presentations to management on patient understanding, marketplace trends, competitive data, and category trends.
- Maintain budget, recording all financial investment in research and syndicated data; support in the annual budgeting process while working across Global & Regional partners to execute global GSI initiatives and monitor across the key priority markets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required; MBA or MS is strongly preferred
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of progressive experience in insights, or a related field.
- Previous people management experience is required.
- Strong experience in Insights across Innovation & Communication in the health care industry - Medical Devices & Diagnostics/Surgical/Hospital systems is required.
- Proven track record of managing in a matrix environment requiring a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Strong experience in qualitative and quantitative research e.g., concept testing, advertising development, pricing, time & motion studies, deep patient/OR ethnographies is required.
- Ability to influence cross-functional/Sr Leaders to impact decision-making; willingness to “have an opinion” backed by insight and confidence to influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to create own agenda and deliverables given knowledge and understanding of the global vision care business/segments and GSI’s strategic imperatives.
- This role will require approximately 20% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)