Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Are you passionate about improving healthcare experiences for patients, caregivers and healthcare systems? The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Industrial Design& Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, Industrial Design Co-ops who are passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through remarkable user experiences.
The IDHF organization is responsible for user-centered design of new product development for J&J Medical Device businesses: Acclarent, Biosense Webster, DePuy Synthes Orthopaedics (Sports, Spine, Joint Reconstruction, Trauma), Ethicon, Mentor, Sterilmed, and J&J Vision. We test concepts iteratively with stakeholders through a robust formative and summative usability process to identify the best fit, then partner with the cross-functional New Product Development teams to ensure that the relevance and delight of the original idea is preserved through market launch. We are a collaborative team, dedicated to improving patient outcomes by delivering exceptional user experiences.
Positions will be based at either
our Cincinnati, OH, Raynham, MA, or Somerville, NJ, offices and will
report directly to the designers at those locations for the period of May – August 2020.
- This role is for students who are passionate about all phases of design process, including research, concept sketching, product renderings, 3D database development, animation, experience design, usability testing, product marketing support, and concept presentations.
Depending on what projects are active during your rotation, you will partner with our designers to analyze user workflows, perform usability heuristic evaluations, prioritize user requirements, wireframe interfaces, 3D print, build physical prototypes, and develop compelling presentations.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Design. Only students in their second year of bachelor’s or above with a minimum of 3.0 GPA will be considered
- Demonstrated leadership/ participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Students must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship in the future.
- Experience using 2D and 3D design software (SolidWorks, Autodesk Alias, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, KeyShot)
- Experience with prototyping (3D Printing, CNC)
- Exceptional design, presentation, and communication skills
- Availability for multiple co-op rotations
- Submit a portfolio of work (uploaded PDF or link to website) that demonstrates strong technical skills, design thinking, clear communication and problem solving.
- Collaboration & mentorship with world-class designers working toward the common goal of positively impacting the health of humanity
- Dynamic and respectful work environment where we live by the J&J Credo
- Challenging work that will push you to explore, ask questions, and grow as a designer and a professional
- Experience working for global company
- Opportunity to have direct impact on billions of people
- Competitive compensation
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)