Johnson & Johnson Careers
Occupational Health Nurse
Requisition ID: 1805706067W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” … inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we created one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For our production site Hägendorf, we are looking for an experienced
Occupational Health Nurse (60 -80 %)
The OH nurse will deliver an integrated Global Health Service to the operating company.
Responsible for optimizing the development and execution of GHS strategies and standards for local operating company, in the areas of Occupational Health, Wellness & Health Promotion, EAP and Energy Management.
The OH Nurse will work routinely with internal key stakeholders in the local operating company (eg site leaders, EHS, HR) and with the GHS Campus Director.
- Responsible for site level implementation of GHS strategy and operational service delivery for operating company/ies
- Drives health outcomes including reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee health and wellbeing.
- Responsible for delivery of GHS metrics, goals and outcomes for operating company.
- Supports GHS Campus Director for day to day vendor management for all GHS vendors for the operating company
- Responsible for site level quality assurance and process efficiencies, including supporting global strategies for the successful deployment of MAARS and QA guideline programs and systems for key data and metric tracking (eg GHAT, OH Index) for the operating company
- Understands Regulatory compliance and the global J&J requirements
- Be knowledgeable of the applicable country/canton health related legislation
- Communicate impact of country health related legislation on the site local Environmental, Health & Safety
- Understanding of J&J requirements, programs, resources and policies and how this is related to regulatory compliance, as well as the MAARS process.
- Applies basic financial concepts to manage site level OH budget in liaison with GHS Campus Director
- Leads a team of health services and resources professionals and facilities teamwork and effective communication within the team.
- Partners with members of the health, wellness and safety team to assure effective implementation of health service.
- Assists the health services and resources manager in the management and administration of health services at assigned locations.
- Supervises and evaluates work performance of the nursing staff in terms of patient care, staff relationship and efficiency of service.
- Member of business leadership team if appropriate to ensure Health goals with business needs and customers.
- Responsible for the site level Global Health Service program delivery, to be in compliance with J&J requirements & goals and local legal requirements; be knowledgeable of the business needs, organizational and demographic factors
- In conjunction with Campus GHS Director, provide Global Health Services reports to management as defined on site, but at least once/year. Assess the work environment
- Review the site Industrial Hygiene data and collaborate with the Environmental, Health & Safety in the development of Similar Exposure Groups
- Participle in the workplace inspections, Environmental, Health & Safety audits and injury/illness investigations
- Support recommendations on hazard control measures such as engineering controls, administrative controls and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Be knowledgeable of the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and know how to interpret health related information contained in it.
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical practice:
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical interventions, including history taking and all aspects of the medical examination as required based on standards of medical practice
- Acts as medical resource to other site professionals and management for information, problem solving, and decision making related to OH related issues
- Support the development of the medical aspects of the site emergency preparedness plan, including the selection of appropriate emergency equipment.
- Nursing degree with preferred certificate and OH qualification
- 5 years OH related experience
- Business acumen and customer sensitivity.
- Leadership; ability to gain trust and influence at all levels; collaborative.
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to manage a virtual team
- Effective team player
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured;
- Strong compliance orientation
- Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills
- Business fluent German and English required
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.) by clicking here.
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)