Johnson & Johnson Loopbaan
Product Manager Woundclosure
Requisition ID: 1805705612W
Johnson & Johnson Medical is part of Johnson & Johnson and is responsible for commercialization of the Medical Devices Portfolio. For more than 125 years, we’ve focused on advancing technologies, products and services to enhance patient care and bring greater precision to every aspect of surgery. The office is in Amersfoort, The Netherlands.
From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to address the world’s most pressing healthcare issues and help improve and save more lives. Through the training, research and innovative products we provide, we are working to enable better outcomes in bariatric, thoracic, colorectal, gynecologic, urologic, thyroid and general surgeries. Curious to explore? Please visit: www.ethicon.com
Product Manager (PM) Woundclosure
with a specialty focus on infection prevention, cardiovascular and orthopedics
Woundclosure plans and forecasts sales for Ethicon products brands like:
Monocryl, Vicryl, PDS, Stratafix, Hemoseal and Prineo22 .
He/she is the architect, leader and coordinator of the overall strategies regarding Ethicon products portfolio, infection prevention, cardiovascular and orthopedics.
He/she collaborates with the discovery, development and marketing functions to search for new targets through systematic assessment of market trends, unmet customer needs and competitive activity. The product manager role is a critical business function focusing on maximizing business value from our portfolio with a special focus as mentioned above. The product manager is the voice of the customer inside the business and needs to be passionate about the user experience and the value it creates for this user. Key in this role is understanding the market through getting deep insights and creating strategies that work with a flawless execution. The PM reports to the Business Unit Director Ethicon NL and is part of the Ethicon management team.
Main areas of responsibility / expected results/objectives of the role
- Develops new concepts and approaches for professional and consumer advertising and promotional plans.
- Performs highly advanced sales and competitive analysis.
- Monitors implementation of Ethicon portfolio strategy and adjusts as needed.
- Analyzes key performance indicators and financial reports such as budget, commercial policy, price, net sales, investment level and suggests improvements.
- Oversees extensive market research and test market activities.
- Defines product criteria, characteristics and messaging in the market.
- Establishes partnerships with medical societies, opinion leaders, consumers, patients, clients and other enterprises.
- Considered expert in field of Ethicon products and in specialty of cardiovascular and orthopedics
- Develops strategy for uncovering market opportunities by establishing priorities and recommending a process for obtaining intelligence information.
- Determines criteria used in screening new and existing product/service ideas.
- Evaluates and implements improvements for expediting new and existing products, services and programs.
- Builds inroads with key customer relationships and partnerships for market development and enhanced competitive market share.
- Translate the WW/EMEA strategy to a local strategy.
- Act as an entrepreneur; turn strategies into actionable plans and flawless execution.
- Set the benchmark in EMEA.
- Oversees, coordinates and coaches teams in project management in significant Ethicon products conversion projects to have the best in class product evaluations.
- Invest in understanding the needs of the team’s internal and external partners
- Develop relationships with customers, patients or company employees who interact with them regularly.
- Review externally available information, like annual reports, industry analysts' commentary or product testimonials to understand competitive advantages and opportunities.
- Gather feedback & insights from patients, customers, internal or external partners. Identify actionable insights to enhance results.
- Consider how to apply new ideas you generated in the activities for the CONNECT imperative.
- Find ways to challenge the status quo and how things have always been done; bring new ideas or innovations to bear on existing efforts.
- Build learning agility by experimenting with new approaches that can lead to breakthrough results.
- Build an environment supportive of diverse and inclusive thinking and perspectives.
- Develop your communication and influence skills to become a high-impact presenter; seek feedback on your skills in this area.
- Implement innovations identified in SHAPE imperative activities; inspire others by promoting new ideas and approaches.
- Try new operational practices that have been successful elsewhere in the company.
- Build & reinforce a sense of urgency on key projects; help others understand the criticality of these efforts.
- Delivers on goals.
- Create value for clinical and non-clinical stakeholders.
- Price pressure and tender environment demand a value driven approach.
- New and different decision makers and influencers.
- Added value drives the decision-making process of a multiple stakeholder team in our accounts.
- Significant NPI coming in 2019
- Bachelor/ master degree
- Being able to think strategically and show strong operational capabilities at the same time
- 4 years of relevant business marketing experience
- Experience, knowledge and proven track record in sales with Ethicon products portfolio
- Experience, knowledge, relationships and proven track record in sales within cardiovascular, orthopedics
- Proven ability to manage complexity & thrives in uncertain/ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to connect and effectively collaborate across a diverse group of business stakeholders in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong passion and track record for innovation & will to make things happen & deliver
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Driven by results performance & excellence in the job
- Demonstrated business success in delivering growth and gaining share
- Strongly involved in strategic and tactical work daily requiring being able to quickly zoom in and out
- Ability to build respect and trust with customers, employees and internal stakeholders
- Integrity and Credo-based leadership
- Self- awareness
- Master or equivalent in business experience
- Marketing experience in pharma or medical devices
- Knowledge of the current market & healthcare landscape
- Experience working for a large multi-national company
As an employee, we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Johnson & Johnson Medical BV (7260)