Johnson & Johnson Careers
Design Solutions Manager
Requisition ID: 1805705589W
J&J Design is recruiting for a Consumer Solutions Manager located in Singapore in the Asia Pacific Design Lab.
J&J Design is an internal design team responsible for creating desirable, feasible and viable end-user solutions across all of Johnson & Johnson’s business groups: Consumer, Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and J&J Corporate. In collaboration with business partners across the global organization, we apply Design Thinking to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being of all who use our products and services. Our focus on people-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to care for the world, one person at a time.
The Solutions Manager will play a leadership role in the development and execution of strategic programs within the Consumer, Pharma, and Medical Devices sectors, from initial strategy through to implementation. The Solutions Manager will bring together a strong strategic sensibility with deep knowledge of product and service design in order to drive innovation and deliver differentiated, holistic solutions that improve outcomes.
You will embody care-centered design leadership while effectively working with cross-functional partners and managing diverse teams to ensure timely delivery of compelling design solutions.
Partner with J&J’s APAC businesses (regional and country-level) to develop relationships and liaise with cross-functional teams to scope opportunities for design-led innovation.
Collaborate and partner in building deeply integrated plans for how design will drive new value-creation and business growth in existing and new categories.
Manage and oversee a variety of design projects, defining scope, goals and deliverables to be completed within set timelines and budgets.
Collaborate with internal teams (Businesses, Innovation, HR, Finance, etc.) and external teams (educational institutions, government entities, etc.) to organize resources, align strategic plans, and effectively execute programs.
Bring expertise in both strategic thinking and solutions development from early-phase strategy and user needs identification through to development and commercialization.
Find/devise and integrate collaboration tools that enable better design and productivity
Obsessively organize and successfully evangelize systems to ensure proper documentation of briefs, scope, goals, project outputs and deliverables
Champion people-centered design capabilities.
Lead by example and in accordance with the J&J Credo and J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a major in design preferred.
- A minimum of 6+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: Product or Service Design, Management Consulting, Design Strategy, Digital Design/Transformation and/or Entrepreneurship.
- Experience must include defining and applying business goals and consumer insights to guide
- design strategy & execution.
- Ability to leverage working knowledge of Design Thinking in a corporate business context.
- Proven ability to draw conclusions and form opinions based on complex information.
- Illustrate, through a proven portfolio of work, extensive subject matter expertise in solutions-based design strategies resolutions that promote brand experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams, such as Design, R&D, Supply Chain, and/or Marketing. Ability to understand and navigate the complexities of operating in a matrixed global framework is preferred.
- Strategic project and account management capabilities required.
- Resourcefulness with digital productivity tools a plus
- Knowledge of current design and office software, including cross-platform (MAC and PC) applications and document management.
- Available for 25% international travel.
Above all else:
- Humble, with a strong emotional intelligence.
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view.
- Engaging, persuasive communications.
- Brings clarity to the complex.
- Naturally collaborative and skillful at building strong relationships.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, with impeccable time management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven, with proven ability to analyze, compile and present effective reports.
- Proactive and solution-oriented.
- Exhibits good judgment and strong emotional intelligence.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)