Johnson & Johnson Careers
Brand Design Manager
Requisition ID: 1805705587W
Johnson & Johnson Design, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Graphic Design Manager to be located in Singapore
Johnson & Johnson Design is an internal design team responsible for creating desirable, feasible and viable holistic end-user solutions across all of Johnson & Johnson’s business groups: Consumer, Pharma and Medical Devices and Corporate. In collaboration with business partners across the global organization, we apply design thinking to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being of all who use our products and services. Our focus on people-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to care for the world, one person at a time.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Graphic Design Manager has a strong track record developing others and is an integral member of a cross-functional team who develops strategic concepts and executes priority design initiatives to deliver people-centered design, enabling the business and brands to evolve from a single-point design perspective to holistic 360-degree design solutions. As the creative force responsible for the development of innovative design projects through strategic platforms, you will lead the creative vision for multiple brands within a distinct area of the J&J portfolio.
You will develop pathways to deliver organizational and project objectives defined by the Senior Manager, Director, Senior Director and Chief Design Officer. You will collaborate with other designers and design functions (e.g., Industrial design, Brand Identity, 2D Packaging, Digital, In-Store Merchandising, Corporate Branding and Workplace Design, design research and design strategy) to develop, execute and co-create design concepts, campaigns, product launches, support materials and special projects, such as workshops, executive presentations and design-led initiatives. You will extend brand equities by creating and developing consistent equity tools, brand architectures, design language assets and global standards.
As a Design Manager, you will lead at a group level within the organization, and provide strategy for projects, and manage small work teams to execute and deliver multiple global projects with external partners and critical deadlines. You will partner with cross-functional roles to develop, interpret and clarify content to implement project briefs. You will manage, develop and mentor a team of designers while also managing budgets, resources and deliverables.
You will cultivate relationships and oversee results of external vendors. You will leverage internal and external expertise to translate insights into innovative solutions to meet project goals.
Finally, you will lead by example and in accordance with the J&J Credo and J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a major in design preferred.
- A minimum of eight years Design related experience is required. Proven results’ managing multi-disciplinary design teams is required.
- Demonstrated experience guiding business partners through the design process, and delivering design vision for brand identity, packaging design and typography/information design.
- Understanding of design strategy methods and practices.
- Ability to think conceptually across multiple platforms including digital, merchandising, social media and emerging forms of brand communication.
- Strong visual, written and oral communication skills. Management experience to influence and achieve excellence required.
- Broad knowledge of design and cultural trends to develop transformational concepts and solutions with business and research teams essential.
- Consumer Package Goods industry experience preferred.
- Broad understanding of environmentally responsible design and packaging.
- Ability to leverage working knowledge of design thinking in a tactical business context.
- Industry recognition via design related speaking engagements or design related association / publication awards recognition.
- Financial budgeting skills and competency is required.
- Knowledge of current design and office software, including cross platform (MAC and PC) application and document management.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Up to 50% hands-on design work.
Portfolio link MUST be included on each resume. Role/job description may be subject to change in an evolving organization.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)