Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Principal Ergonomics and Human Factors (Global role)
Belgium; Canada; Germany; United Kingdom; Ireland; Florida, United States; California, United States
Requisition ID: 1805705508W
Position Title: Senior Principal Ergonomics and Human Factors (Global role)
Functional Area: Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability
Reports To: Senior Director, Workplace Health & Safety Excellence
Based: Any J&J site globally
The Senior Principal Ergonomics and Human Factors is accountable for long term strategy and operational direction to leverage science and technology, along with proven traditional techniques to reduce exposure to ergonomic risk and integrate human factors thinking. You will provide global operational support and technical expertise to assess ergonomic risk and apply appropriate solutions to prevent injuries and illness associated with musculoskeletal disorders as well as optimising work place performance for job effectiveness & efficiency, enhancing human performance and human interface with equipment to prevent injury and improve quality of work. The scope of this role encompasses all aspects of company operations, including manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, R&D, field sales/service and administrative work conducted in company offices, on the road and at home.
The Senior Principal Ergonomist works collaboratively with other EHS&S leaders, Operations / Commercial partners, site leaders, ergonomic chapter owners, engineers, occupational health leaders/ and other stakeholders to develop risk controls that are fit for purpose and effective. S/he must cultivate meaningful external relationships and partnerships with workplace safety/health regulatory agencies, professional associations, outside ergonomics vendors and consultants.
• Develops and implements a global strategy for ergonomics / human factors excellence across the regions that aligns with the EHS&S Enterprise strategy.
• Develop the J&J ergonomics and human factor programs, guidelines and tools for multiple applications.
• Supports establishment and maintenance of ergonomic and human factor policies/standards/metrics that support strategic goals, J&J requirements, and J&J’s leadership position in ergonomics/HF.
• Develops ergonomics and human factors capabilities in others through training and mentoring and supports an internal ergonomics network across EMEA, ASPAC and The Americas.
• Provides technical, regulatory and compliance expertise in ergonomics/HF.
• Helps shape the external regulatory, industry and stakeholder environments, promoting J&J’s leadership position in ergonomics / human factors through outreach activities including regulatory agency alliances, NGOs, industry forums (European Agency, IEHF UK, Applied Ergonomics Conference).
• Leverages fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas and develops opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills to create better value to the business and for the customer
• Leverages trends in ergonomics / human factors by partnering with universities, industries, and consultants to help shape solutions and approaches for our customers
• Relates to our customers in an accepting and respectful manner regardless of their organisational level, personality or background
• Promotes a culture of collaboration, team work and sharing best practice across campuses, businesses, sectors and regions
• Actively demonstrates coaching, mentoring, caring and inclusive behaviours to enhance others’ skills in ergonomics / human factors
• A Master of Science or higher degree in Ergonomics / Human Factors in related topic is preferred.
• A minimum of 15 years ergonomics experience is required preferably in industry.
• Knowledge of Human Factors methods and assessment techniques in relation to international standards and familiarity with latest with developments relevant to hazardous industries.
• Practical and proven experience of Human error/reliability assessment and system, equipment and interface design.
• Excellent interpersonal, English communication (written & verbal), problem-solving, influence, planning, organising, and time management skills are required. A superior team player is an essential.
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with associates, supervisors, site management and EHS&S leaders is required.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action is required.
• Excellent demonstrated project management skills are required.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 35% across EMEA, ASPAC and The Americas is required.
• Essential requirement is to provide regular face to face ‘shop floor’ support for ~ 30 hours per month (20%) to ensure that soft and technical skills are kept sharp and up to date
Please note this role can be based anywhere globally
North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America-Canada, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland, North America-United States-Florida, North America-United States-California
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)