Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson has an open culture with strong principles that have been incorporated in our company credo. This is an opportunity for you to become part of our talented team delivering to stretch targets in a dynamic business environment. We are on a journey to implement state of the art technology which comes with many opportunities to further develop your skill set.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Epigenetics Platform-Emerging Science & Innovation are recruiting for a Post-Doctoral position in Epigenetics to be based in Val-de-Reuil, France.
The position will advance emerging science and discovery in epigenetic science for various applications across all our products in Consumer franchises including working closely with our other emerging science platforms, microbiome, naturals and others.
The evolving Epigenetics Platform within the Emerging Science & Innovation organization at Johnson & Johnson Consumer R&D is committed to discovery and development of epigenetic science for application across all our consumer unmet needs. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in epigenetics including the core mechanisms of DNA methylation, histone modification and miRNA, associated assay methods, epigenetic bioinformatics and cell physiology, coupled with an ability to work collaboratively within internal and external innovation ecosystem.
The post-doctoral position will be responsible for generating scientific evidence, either through internal activities or through external collaboration, towards discovery and development of epigenetic data supporting new claims, new mechanisms of action for existing and new actives and new molecular targets for assay models (including high through put screening, HTS) across prioritized Consumer unmet needs, including skin care, allergy, pain, oral care and digestive health,.
In addition, the role will seek to exploit the highly developed expertise in adjacent emerging sciences including microbiome and Natural ingredients where breakthrough opportunities are anticipated.
Major activities include consultation with internal partners on epigenetic data and scientific insights, collaboration with external parties, bioinformatics, assay development (including HTS) , target identification, phenotypic screening, and pharmacological profiling.
We seek a candidate with a strong ability to connect and collaborate within the epigenetics innovation ecosystem towards delivery of compelling results, fostering an environment of cutting edge science and innovation, collegiality and positive communication.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following :
QualificationsPhD and postdoctoral experience in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related areas with 1-2 years of experience in cutting edge epigenetics experimentation. Practical experience in skin and or epithelia epigenetics / biology would be an advantage.Computational Biology experience, omics is a plusExperience in bioinformatics and data interpretation, especially in epigenetics is highly desirable.Expertise with cell-based assays, specifically phenotypic assays, is desirableWriting manuscripts and publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals is requiredExpertise with 3D cell culture and working with biochemical models is desiredThe ability to prioritize projects, negotiate and influence is also essential to this roleGenerates ideas/research strategies, implements them and produces results that are of importance to the company.Has demonstrated independent thought/creativity in scienceExcellent communication and multitasking skills and ability to work in a team settingEmplacement principal
- Working closely with internal customers, lead the design and implementation of epigenetic projects that deliver against aligned goals, typically to support new claims, elucidate epigenetic mechanisms of ‘actives’ and extend into new business models
- Interpret epigenetic bioinformatics data to define and propose new insights for developing an epigenetics project program delivered either through internal partnerships or through identification and collaboration with external partners
- Provide scientific input into (1) epigenetic screening assays in cell based formats that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening (2) analyze screening data, including presentations at program team meetings. A level of hands-on laboratory work is expected.
- Influence the course of projects, scientific methods and company’s technical direction.
- Design complex experimental strategies, in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo to elucidate epigenetic insights that address project goals; provide technical advice to others; demonstrate appreciable latitude for unsupervised action and decisions.
- Identify complex obstacles to progress; recommend and implement solutions; solve problems in creative and effective ways; challenge current processes and recommend novel approaches
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia
- Provide significant organizational contributions (peer review, symposia, scientific advisory boards, forums, cross-enterprise or global technical initiatives) by demonstrating intellectual leadership and effective mentoring of others
- Build global innovation ecosystem by forging relationships with Epigenetic KOLs both in Academia, and Industry, and keeping abreast of scientific and technical developments related to Epigenetics as well as emerging science areas; attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings, as appropriate
- Generate study/invention reports and publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate
- Ensure compliance with company good laboratory practices and other regulatory/quality guidelines
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)Fonction