Johnson & Johnson Careers
Postdoc in Epigenetics F/M
Requisition ID: 1805704675W
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Working closely with internal customers, lead the design and implementation of epigenetic projects that deliver against aligned goals, typically to support new claims, elucidate epigenetic mechanisms of ‘actives’ and extend into new business models
- Interpret epigenetic bioinformatics data to define and propose new insights for developing an epigenetics project program delivered either through internal partnerships or through identification and collaboration with external partners
- Provide scientific input into (1) epigenetic screening assays in cell based formats that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening (2) analyze screening data, including presentations at program team meetings. A level of hands-on laboratory work is expected.
- Influence the course of projects, scientific methods and company’s technical direction.
- Design complex experimental strategies, in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo to elucidate epigenetic insights that address project goals; provide technical advice to others; demonstrate appreciable latitude for unsupervised action and decisions.
- Identify complex obstacles to progress; recommend and implement solutions; solve problems in creative and effective ways; challenge current processes and recommend novel approaches
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia
- Provide significant organizational contributions (peer review, symposia, scientific advisory boards, forums, cross-enterprise or global technical initiatives) by demonstrating intellectual leadership and effective mentoring of others
- Build global innovation ecosystem by forging relationships with Epigenetic KOLs both in Academia, and Industry, and keeping abreast of scientific and technical developments related to Epigenetics as well as emerging science areas; attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings, as appropriate
- Generate study/invention reports and publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate
- Ensure compliance with company good laboratory practices and other regulatory/quality guidelines
- PhD and postdoctoral experience in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related areas with 1-2 years of experience in cutting edge epigenetics experimentation. Practical experience in skin and or epithelia epigenetics / biology would be an advantage.
- Computational Biology experience, omics is a plus
- Experience in bioinformatics and data interpretation, especially in epigenetics is highly desirable.
- Expertise with cell-based assays, specifically phenotypic assays, is desirable
- Writing manuscripts and publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals is required
- Expertise with 3D cell culture and working with biochemical models is desired
- The ability to prioritize projects, negotiate and influence is also essential to this role
- Generates ideas/research strategies, implements them and produces results that are of importance to the company.
- Has demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills and ability to work in a team setting
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)